The Schooner Bluenose 1921, POF Yuanqing Models 1:72 [COMPLETED BUILD]

That's some of the better bending work done on the vertical part of the railing. Well done Daniel. I also like the way you handled that obstacle with the short cap railing. Nicely placed a piece of wood in and sanded it flush. This isn't noticeble at all. Ingenuity at it's best I would say! Like Johan said "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!"

Peter

That's some of the better bending work done on the vertical part of the railing. Well done Daniel. I also like the way you handled that obstacle with the short cap railing. Nicely placed a piece of wood in and sanded it flush. This isn't noticeble at all. Ingenuity at it's best I would say! Like Johan said "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!"

Peter
Thank you, Peter. Working with wood affords many benefits it makes correcting mistakes a lot easier than other materials.

Good Monday Morning to all.
I have finished the railing of BN complete with paint. From a normal viewing distance all the fillers I had to add are practically invisible.
The first picture shows how I locked in the critical alignment of the shroud straps. This method also served to endo the rail which set the width of the fillers required in the stern area.

IMG_2715.jpg

The rest of the pictures just show various viewing angles. I have found that white paint takes several coats to cover what seems like never ending shadows coming thru from the natural wood. The longer I stare at it the more it seems to bleed thru, and this is very irritating. So, after a minimum three coats everywhere, it will have to do. See what you think.

IMG_2716.jpgIMG_2717.jpgIMG_2718.jpgIMG_2719.jpgIMG_2720.jpg

Thanks again for checking in, hope you enjoy.

I have finished the railing of BN complete with paint. From a normal viewing distance all the fillers I had to add are practically invisible.
The first picture shows how I locked in the critical alignment of the shroud straps. This method also served to endo the rail which set the width of the fillers required in the stern area.

View attachment 385178

The rest of the pictures just show various viewing angles. I have found that white paint takes several coats to cover what seems like never ending shadows coming thru from the natural wood. The longer I stare at it the more it seems to bleed thru, and this is very irritating. So, after a minimum three coats everywhere, it will have to do. See what you think.

View attachment 385179View attachment 385180View attachment 385181View attachment 385182View attachment 385183

Another BN with a another/different paint scheme. Nice to see your personal touch, Daniel.
Regards, Peter

View attachment 385178

View attachment 385179View attachment 385180View attachment 385181View attachment 385182View attachment 385183

That's a crisp looking paint job!
I painted all railing parts prior to assembly, it worked, but it wasn't nice. Plus frequent touch ups required.

View attachment 385178

Good morning Daniel. Stunning. Awesome railings. Clean neat and symmetrical (my new favourite word ROTF) and your extensions are hardly noticeable- I had to search for them and zoom in. I like the colour and paint configuration you have gone with for your BN. The "midnight" blue, white and beautiful pear wood make for a very effective model. Cheers Grant

Back