USS BONHOMME RICHARD - POF - Cross Section in Pear - 1:48 - by Uwe

I'm done reading this build log too, some 100 more to go ROTF

The kit and wood quality looks really good and You're doing a great job turning it into a real nice model!! Respect.
Have to remember to install the bolts in the knees before glueing them, thanks for showing that. I'm sure I would not have thought of that

Too bad there isn't some sort of a liquid solvent that can be applied to the wood which would remove the burn stain without harming the wood--that way none of the wood would have to be removed by sanding off the burn stain.

Andy from Kenosha

hello Uwe

i can't find sensible words when i look at your construction report and the pictures. a fantastic work This is not eye wiping, no this is sincere respect for your craftsmanship. Simply world class! I have read the report 100 times in the meantime. Looking at the photos over and over again. My respect for this achievement! When you look at it, you don't even dare to look at your own work :) No....just great. Thank you very much for letting us participate.

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

hello Uwe

i can't find sensible words when i look at your construction report and the pictures. a fantastic work This is not eye wiping, no this is sincere respect for your craftsmanship. Simply world class! I have read the report 100 times in the meantime. Looking at the photos over and over again. My respect for this achievement! When you look at it, you don't even dare to look at your own work :) No....just great. Thank you very much for letting us participate.
Hallo Charlie, I guess Karl (like my surname)
Many Many thanks for your kind words about my work - many thanks

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Hi Uwe--I have the same kit. Your frames look great--Mine are only "kinda good". Keep up the good work.

Andy from Kenosha
Many Thanks for your kind words.
My Bonhomme project is onhold in moment, due to the started Le Coureur which I show in our group build.
I do not think, that your frames are only "kinda good" - I have a good camera and software, with which I can adjust a little bit here and there......

Why not starting a building log of your section model and we can discuss on your model the little bit "here and there" ;)

Thanks for that invitation. But I presently have my section model on hold as well. I'm presently working on the framing and deck planking of the Mary Rose, and, when that project is done, I'm going to frame (and probably deck plank) the HMS Victory. So I'll be busy for quite a while before getting back on the section model.

Andy