USS Constitution by Model Shipways 1:76 scale.

Hope you like wood carving Bill. I'm Kinda into that retro bag myself. Have a good time with it. Bluejacket offers a lot of support. They like to talk to their clients on the phone. I look forward to following your build, whenever.
I totally agree, @HMSFly Connie sets a high bar! Thumbs-Up

One of the reasons why I participate so enthusiastically in this Forum is that I want to learn as much as possible. But on the other hand, I also want to show others, without any pretension, how I have interpreted the plans. This doesn't mean I'll always get it right, but I'll do my best. So I have to be patient, I still have to complete the yards and the lifeboats.. :)

Sewart MacDonald (StewMax) Luthiers supplies has a supply of a variety of scrapers available. Their smallest universal scraper I find works nicely in small inside curves and comes ready to use.. Nicer than sanding, a scraper leaves a smooth surface behind. about $35. US, but worth the price.

Its about time to give an update.... :)

The YARDS: a hell off a job...
Cutting to size, sanding... then the battens on each flat of the octagon... then the stop cleats... and then for example the MAIN YARD +- 50 eyebolts for the jackstay....
Now the Roller, rings etc.....

PS
A challenge : 30 eyebolts into a yard of 1/8" thick.....Sick (eg the Fore and main topgallant yards....)

Tony644.jpg

Tony640.jpg

Tony641.jpg

Tony643.jpg

Its about time to give an update.... :)

The YARDS: a hell off a job...
Cutting to size, sanding... then the battens on each flat of the octagon... then the stop cleats... and then for example the MAIN YARD +- 50 eyebolts for the jackstay....
Now the Roller, rings etc.....

PS
A challenge : 30 eyebolts into a yard of 1/8" thick.....Sick (eg the Fore and main topgallant yards....)

View attachment 434302

View attachment 434303

View attachment 434304

View attachment 434305
A stunning challenge. Especially at scale (tiny). Well done! Most impressive Exclamation-Mark

Sorry, I did post my wishes in the other building log ......

So therefore also here:

Hallo Marc alias @HMSFly
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

So therefore also here:

Hallo Marc alias @HMSFly
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day
very attentive! Thank you! :)

So therefore also here:

Hallo Marc alias @HMSFly
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day
Hi Marc I would like to wish you a very happy birthday hope you had a wonderful day.
Tony

Ha

So therefore also here:

Hallo Marc alias @HMSFly
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day
Happy birthday Marc. Those are very impressive yards- well done. Cheers Grant

Back