USS Constitution by Model Shipways 1:76 scale.

I always looked at the Constitution as a two part build. The hull and all the furniture was a great build. I now see why some people build Admiralty Style models. The second part was the masts. yards, and all the rigging. For me this was the most time consuming part of the build. You have done a great job the masts and I look forward to your future posts.

PS
I will not put the sails .....
I must confess that I am already looking forward to a new project... such as:

View attachment 429230

or

HMS Diana from Jotika....

I think I will finish the rigging somewhere en of april....(this year ROTF)
I must be a glutton for punishment because I purchased the saleset for the Constitution. I plan on finishing by April too, just not sure of what year....

PS
I will not put the sails .....
I must confess that I am already looking forward to a new project... such as:

View attachment 429230

or

HMS Diana from Jotika....

I think I will finish the rigging somewhere en of april....(this year ROTF)
What a coincidence I have the Daina sitting on my shelf waiting to be built. I was also looking at the Confederacy and the Essex I like the idea of building a ship with no rigging.

What a coincidence I have the Daina sitting on my shelf waiting to be built. I was also looking at the Confederacy and the Essex I like the idea of building a ship with no rigging.
Tony,

Don't let me dream.... suppose we buy the same kit and again together a log.... I can still learn so much from you...
PS
The Diana and Confederacy are considered as one of the most difficult kits.... :)

As promised, I will post my building process of the Top Construction step by step. After a lot of research:

For those who do not have extensive machinery (like me)....:)

I was thinking about bending a curved thin of 1/32", and this 1/8 wide...

luckily I had saved the plywood from the laser cut platforms... so very simple: see photos... took me 5 minutes.....

Then the 1/16" top timbers..
The Upper Crosstrees and Swivel Gun lock....

2 more to go....:)

T540.jpg

T541.jpg

T542.jpg

T543.jpg

T544.jpg

T546.jpg

T548.jpg

T550.jpg

Hello, I was wondering what size plank you used to frame the lower gun ports? The kit says to use 1/8 x 1/4 basswood strips, but there are only 3 in the kit and according to Bob Hunt's practicum, that is not enough.

Hello, I was wondering what size plank you used to frame the lower gun ports? The kit says to use 1/8 x 1/4 basswood strips, but there are only 3 in the kit and according to Bob Hunt's practicum, that is not enough.
Hello,

I will look into it, it's a long time ago! But, I think we (Tony and myself) discussed it early in this log....
PS
I suppose you are referring to plan 2 - Box for dummy guns section 2-C?

You will find all details and used strips on page 6-7 in this log....have a look....
cheers Marc

Back