Victory 1737 - 1:84 scale

Hi Ekis,

Your rigging is sublime. Did you use standard blocks which you upgraded or all scratch build?

Thanks ! Much apreciated. :)
Most of the pulleys are not those of the kit: I do not like the "parallepipedic things" that are sold with ... I use aftermarket with small sellers: Polish or Czech manufacturers.
For anchor pulleys for example, I scratch them myself with metal strapping.
For this Victory, I also chose not to take tinted ropes, but to tint me even black or brown to best imitate the old side or tar.

Last edited:
Hi Ekis

If you don't mind me saying, your attention to detail is outstanding.

Love your workmanship.

Denis.

Thanks ! Much apreciated. :)
Most of the pulleys are not those of the kit: I do not like the "parallepipedic things" that are sold with ... I use aftermarket with small sellers: Polish or Czech manufacturers.
For anchor pulleys for example, I scratch them myself with metal strapping.
For this Victory, I also chose not to take tinted ropes, but to tint me even black or brown to best imitate the old side or tar.
Hi Ekis can you put a link to these manufactorers?
Thx.

Few comments, the photos speak for themselves: the Victory has hair growing!
More than a hundred shrouds to put in place ... it's a bit of a job. The props of the low masts are in place, the rear davits port and starboard too (but removable, it is simply to be certain of the passage of the stays).

The next shipyard is already waiting for me: high masts, yards and sails ...
But the masts of hune and parrot have already received their pulleys and various other stays while waiting to be in place.

This box : Artesania Latina HMS Victory wood ship kit

artlathms-1_1.jpg

But many pieces have been redone or changed. I also used wood bought separately as mahogany or ebony. The hardware comes from different kits or even trimmings or jewelery supplies for example. I managed to find old things at the old sellers of models, etc ...

Still tight shots. Things are moving forward, but nothing spectacular ...

The skiff in front of the castle, the nets were filled with more than 300 hammocks, the shrouds received their platforms.
And many little things that take time but do not jump in the eyes...
It is ultimately that all these details change a model, I think.

Back