Victory 1737 - 1:84 scale

Thank you so much !
Today, the Victory looks like a big pile of threads ... I'm doing all the shrouds, backstays and ratlines of the high masts.
There is no interesting photo to show, and it takes a lot of time.
I will post when it will be a bit more advanced.

But all these comments are really appreciated, it's very motivating! :)

Today I have read through your entire building log, here is a lot you can learn from,
I like everything from planking to the super detailed rigging you do,
Keeping up with the fine work you show us, i wil follow with great interest. Tnx.

Once again, thank you very much for all these comments! :cool:

Yes, the sails have of course been aged. They all went into a hot bath of black tea for at least an hour. The very ugly ropes of the sails of the kit have largely been redone as well. All the staysails and jibs come from sails provided for other things and have been resized to match their new location on the rig. A new bolt rope is in place. These sails had a whiter fabric than the kit. So they had 2 tea baths to look like the hemp of the time. ;)

Hi Ekis

Thank you for telling us how you aged your sails, I did the same for my SOS build but only left them in the tea for 20 min's.
I was told that if you do put them in tea you need to wash them in I think it was baking soda ?????.
That is why I asked you, I hope you did not mind.

Denis.

Thx !
No questions bother me: the forum is here for that. Share an experience and benefit all readers.
@DenisR : I do not see why we must wash the sails after tinting them with tea. The resulting shade gives an aged look, while the baking soda will give a new look ... But if you have an answer, I am curious to learn. :)

Here is the current status of the shipyard: ropes everywhere, the stays in progress (the 3rd floor of the masts is also to be done) ... I put the 1st of the 3 jibsails, the spancer (english?), and the rear flag.

The following: the end of the stays and ropes all over with the installation of staysails. :)

Thx !
No questions bother me: the forum is here for that. Share an experience and benefit all readers.
@DenisR : I do not see why we must wash the sails after tinting them with tea. The resulting shade gives an aged look, while the baking soda will give a new look ... But if you have an answer, I am curious to learn. :)

Hi Ekis
Re baking soda, I was told this after I had finished my sails.
They said if I remember correctly that after sometime something in the tea will make the sails go rotten over time.
The baking soda they say will neutralise what ever is in the tea ????????.
This was the first time I have heard of this.

Denis.

Back