VOC ship The Prins Willem (scale 1:75) Year 1651

A beautifully woven mouse Stephan. Congratulations! I tried it too - but couldn't make it look good.
Thanks Paul, keep trying, just keep trying. Use different rope thickness and patience. I think you will succeed in this one. I'm sure. I've seen what you already did till now.

This is phenomenal work Stephan and your serving machine obviously works very well. You are setting an extremely high bar with regards to your rigging! .
Thanks Heinrich, like in Star Trek Generaties, keep improving yourself

Your serving machine paid you dividends, I like it very much! But... I love your mouse made using your machine!
Jim, it is easy to copy. If you like I will tell how too.

Thanks Paul, keep trying, just keep trying. Use different rope thickness and patience. I think you will succeed in this one. I'm sure. I've seen what you already did till now.

Thanks Heinrich, like in Star Trek Generaties, keep improving yourself

Thank you, Stephen. I used a serving machine and 'gears' similar to what you used but my threads were too thin and I had too many of them. Now that I have seen the details of your successful effort I'll give it another go.

This is a very good idea, Steph!!! I am not any close in my builds to the rigging part, but if you have spare time, and you can put together an article similar to what you did about rope-making machines - that would be great for all of us!

This is a very good idea, Steph!!! I am not any close in my builds to the rigging part, but if you have spare time, and you can put together an article similar to what you did about rope-making machines - that would be great for all of us!

I'll will here tell what you need to build this machine, all the parts you can order in China. Or scratch them together.

Bingo!! You already have it!! Maybe you can provide us with the parts required and links to those parts. Most important would be gears\rods and belts. Also the engine and gearbox as well as the controller.

What a beautiful ship You are building! While reading through the build log I thought: Wow, nice carvings... but then came the rigging parts. That is really some quality rope work!!

What a beautiful ship You are building! While reading through the build log I thought: Wow, nice carvings... but then came the rigging parts. That is really some quality rope work!!
Thanks Dan for visiting my log. And for the nice compliments and likes.

Hi Stephan,

Nicely done shrouds and ratlines Thumbsup

However... I wouldn't be myself if I won't be looking really closely at your photos :cool::p

Two things actually ;)

1. This should be right handed rope
2. Twist is bit messed up. Probably when you were twisting rope you miscalculate weight, that is why you have uneven twist or over twist on the rope.

I'm sure you can replace it with proper rope :p

1644098675120.png

@mati.n hmmm I see it know on the picture. Its LH rope. That's not okay. It is 0,45 mm thick, didn"t notice with my bad eyes. I made this quite a while before I made the shrouds RH. It is 4x2 serafil, thats why it looks a little messed up. There is no core thread. Yes I should throw that piece of rope that I have away and make new one. It is easy to replacement, because I use a small amount of glue.
Good eyes Mat, thanks

the cartharpins are a pain in the @$$ to make. 150% concentration and the door to my room locked. :p

it is bad quality, make the movie with an action cam, but this one seems not to film from nearby. I'm working on that, order stuff to improve the quality and hope to show you more video's in the near future.

the cartharpins are a pain in the @$$ to make. 150% concentration and the door to my room locked. :p

it is bad quality, make the movie with an action cam, but this one seems not to film from nearby. I'm working on that, order stuff to improve the quality and hope to show you more video's in the near future.
Wow. Ain't that the truth! I like the hook tool you are using. Where did you find that?

@All thanks again for the many likes and good words.
Today I finished the shrouds and stays in this phase of the standing rigging. Now I will do some preparations for the running rigging.
And I hope @mati.n is satisfy with the result of changing the halliard of the stay. I'm for sure.
enjoy the pictures

IMG_2321.JPG

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

IMG_2324.JPG

IMG_2325.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

Comparing the two photos showing before and after -> we can really see and recognize the difference - much better

Beautiful work as always Stephan. A question: you mention that you are preparing for running rigging. Are you going to add the upper mast sections or present your ship as she is?

Back