VOC ship The Prins Willem (scale 1:75) Year 1651

I am curious about the "Stengewinderepen" which I take it has something to do with lowering the topmast. Does it have to do with the fitting of a fid in the heel of the topmast?

Can't wait to see this lifting table... will you take out a patent? ;)

Fair winds.. Ed

I am curious about the "Stengewinderepen" which I take it has something to do with lowering the topmast. Does it have to do with the fitting of a fid in the heel of the topmast?
Yes it is to lift the topmast. What I understand of it is to lower the point of buoyancy. And for maintance when the ship goes for anchor in the harbor.

The shearing table raises and lowers very easily without resistance due to the bearings. The table is very stable and does not wobble. I was surprised that it took out so good.

It does look like solid construction. Will you paint it or use a poly?
The square parts on top and bottom ar already painted (standaard Ikea paint) the lifting part I don't paint, could do harm to the function. Maybe just some beewax. The top I'll give a layer of beewax. I used before on my crosscut sled.

Congrats!!! Very well made, mon ami!!
Thanks Jim.
An interesting mechanism. Normally slides or rolls 1 leg at the bottom by such a lifting table. But here they are both fixed which makes it more solid.
Well done, Stephan.
Thanks Peter. Yes it was a video and construction I found on YouTube. See post #512. The sliding mechanic takes to much details in the constructionand therefore difficult to make. The lifting hight is the same with this construction.

To finish:
I need to make a hand wheel to lift the table or make it elektriciteit. I have gears ans motor in stock. And finaly the wheels on the bottom. This week I go to the shop to buy them. This make the final cost just below the 50 euro's.

I have stabilised the scissor mechanism by installing crossbars between the left and right sides of the two scissor mechanisms.
The maximum height is now 108 cm. and the minimum height is now 30 cm.
The space on the table is 45x80 cm.
The only thing left to do is the electric drive. For this I have ordered parts and the waiting is on these parts.

My last update was a month ago. Time to let you see I started again with the build.
I was planning to go further with the rigging but shoulders need a little more rest before I can go on with that. So I decided to start with the anchors. I gonna make them out of wood. I use cherry, I got a lot of that en it is perfect for the job. First making plans in AutoCad And printed these in pdf.
Then prepare the wood and start building.

IMG_2501.JPGIMG_2502.JPGIMG_2500.JPG

I weaken 2 strips of cherry in boiled water en put them in the mould to dry
Then I shaped the first part and put the parts dry fit together. Only the wooden bar on top to make the job complete. That I will show next time.
IMG_2503.JPGIMG_2504.JPGIMG_2505.JPGIMG_2506.JPGIMG_2507.JPG

when everything is glued I form the wood more and panit it black. Then I put the bar on it.

Attachments

• mal anker.pdf
    2.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Anker.pdf
    5.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi Stephan,

Nicely done shrouds and ratlines Thumbsup

However... I wouldn't be myself if I won't be looking really closely at your photos :cool::p

Two things actually ;)

1. This should be right handed rope
2. Twist is bit messed up. Probably when you were twisting rope you miscalculate weight, that is why you have uneven twist or over twist on the rope.

I'm sure you can replace it with proper rope :p

View attachment 288823
I need to make notes from many of the posts here to see if I can at least get some of my rigging done ok, overall it looks great Steel66.

Back