VOC ship The Prins Willem (scale 1:75) Year 1651

Hi All, thanks for the likes and nice words.
This construction has been put on hold for a while. The reason is my health and I hope to continue with the rigging soon. Yesterday I had some injections in my back at the pain clinic. It is a treatment that, together with pain killers and electric currents, should paralyse the nerves in my back. Let's hope it works.
Not that I don't do something with my hobby, but the rigging is not possible right now. Fortunately, I can work on a small ship and that's what I'm doing now. I even opened a thread to show the progress of that build.
So you can still see something of my work.
You can find me here as well:
You are all welcome to support me there also. It will certainly not be a normal build, I will of course make a lot of improvements to make the model even more special.

Hi Stephan,
I'm sad to learn of your ongoing pain issues. I know you had to take a break earlier but now to find out that things have not resolved is disappointing. Yes, rigging requires suspending your arms in front of you so I can understand how that is not possible now. Best wishes for a full recovery and that the current therapies will find success.
Paul

I know such kind of pain very well - I am crossing all fingers for a fast recovery

and until you feel better, please take a look at your own signature - > this will help

If you can't, take a cup of coffee and try again later. It always works with patience!

Dear Stephan
Most of us have probably suffered / are suffering from back problems, we can understand what are feeling.
best wishes for a speedy recovery, from the bottom of our heart.
I signed up to follow your work on the model of the ship, looks promising

Hi All, thanks for the likes and nice words.
This construction has been put on hold for a while. The reason is my health and I hope to continue with the rigging soon. Yesterday I had some injections in my back at the pain clinic. It is a treatment that, together with pain killers and electric currents, should paralyse the nerves in my back. Let's hope it works.
Not that I don't do something with my hobby, but the rigging is not possible right now. Fortunately, I can work on a small ship and that's what I'm doing now. I even opened a thread to show the progress of that build.
So you can still see something of my work.
You can find me here as well:
You are all welcome to support me there also. It will certainly not be a normal build, I will of course make a lot of improvements to make the model even more special.
Sterkte Steef, ik hoop dat de injecties verlichting brengen.

Stephan, I love your work on your anchors. Especially the corrosion/rust effect. Realism in a model, when done well, is immersive, very difficult to pull off and you've done it very well.

More importantly, I wish you a speedy recovery. I understand your "pain" literally as I have a kyphotic deformity in my spine which causes neuropathic pain. It is difficult and sometimes debilitating, but it's not cancer and that is the way I look at mine.

I wish you well brother.

Ken

Back