YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

I am not sure if you are waxing your lines, but once I adopted that method, I no longer saw any frays on the lines. ;)
Thanks Dean for reminding. Used it at the Mirage, but where the block is now ………. Will buy some new by a beekeeper nearby.
And …….. tomorrow at the exhibition I get some nice stuff from Stephan.
Regards, Peter

As we've grown accustomed to with your build; beautifully crafted mast parts.

When looking at the old picture and stating that the mast bands are white, one could argue, that the mast hoops were painted white as well.
(But what a beauty she was... )
Saw some other pictures the other day, clearly showing rather dark mast bands. I guess those bands might have bean "disposable items", being subject to a lot of wear and tear and needed to be replaced quite frequently.

Saw some other pictures the other day, clearly showing rather dark mast bands. I guess those bands might have bean "disposable items", being subject to a lot of wear and tear and needed to be replaced quite frequently.
On this early posted picture you can see light and dark hoops. And on the right side how they are fitted together with 3 copper rivets. Cleaver idea to install / replace them later on a mast. Indeed, it is highly probable that one was lost at one time or another.
DA8B16AB-F59A-47E5-A553-27D84C915744.jpeg
Regards, Peter

Hi Peter. best of luck tomorrow - I hope you guys have a fabulous day. Say hello to Jan Zwart (the organiser), Hans (Kolderstok), Mees Ippel and Piet Sanders for me please!

Heinrich @Heinrich: If you are OK, I will ask tomorrow for ‘a moment’ and say hello to all the participants on behalf of you. :) I suppose all of them know you ….. and the build of your WB’s.
Regards, Peter
I am more than OK with that, my friend! Thank you very much - it is a wonderful gesture!

Picture are great to look at. But this ship you need to see in real life. This is extraordinary to see. These details in this scale.
Thanxs Stephan: for this nice words, but also for our talks during the meeting and the tin wire to use for my ratlines.
And about your model: this is extraordinary to see, these details special on the rigging ………. but that’s also for the Alert from Maarten ….. and the …… long list of other models. Photos give you a 2D impression that just can't compete with the real life 3D creation. So we have to meet and joint each other’s more :)
Regards, Peter

Thanxs Stephan: for this nice words, but also for our talks during the meeting and the tin wire to use for my ratlines.
And about your model: this is extraordinary to see, these details special on the rigging ………. but that’s also for the Alert from Maarten ….. and the …… long list of other models. Photos give you a 2D impression that just can't compete with the real life 3D creation. So we have to meet and joint each other’s more :)
Regards, Peter
Thanks, for sure a wonderfull day. Maybe we gonna meet often in the line of some moldelbuilders'cluppie'

Recently Robin @NovaStorm took this picture of the ratlines of the BN-II:
895 Ratlines.jpg

With the thread of Stephan, Serafil 4000 (0,12 mm <120/2>) and Herman's directions, made 2 more attempts to tie the weaving lines with 2 eye splices between the 2 shrouds:
893 Ratlines.jpg
After those 2 attempts, however, gave up. Because attaching the 2nd eye splice, which I could only half prepare, was actually not possible in a neat way.
Started in the usual way with a clove hitches on both sides:
894 Ratlines.jpg
With slightly sagging ratlines. Gonna be fine.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Now all following you on SOS know you tweaked your ratlines, but... from normal viewing distance no one will be able to tell you did. Great job, especially since I've seen the real thing; the pictures you post make those knots look a lot larger than they are.

Back