YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

And it is again satisfactorily restored:
View attachment 292002
Now that the oil has worked a little longer on the rest, the seams between the planks and by the treenails in the round seams get a small darker edge. Makes the drawing even more beautiful.
Can I continue with placing the treenails and other 'in between' activities.
Regards, Peter
Now that's a sight for sore eyes
The warthog finally has its load complete:
View attachment 292131
Almost 2500 screwed in on this side.......

Before I can sand this side of the hull smooth, I first applied the waterline strip:
View attachment 292132
This protrudes slightly over the edge and will be sanded into shape.

Now that the seam is filled, I can adjust the seam:
View attachment 292133
I had to put a small insert in 2 places. They'll go with the sanding soon.
Regards, Peter
2500 Trennels you say? Oh boy, I just did about 400 in the frames, with still 35 frames to go (and the skins...) Sick
You sure earned yourself a very nice glass of wine (or whiskey). Beer

Now that's a sight for sore eyes

2500 Trennels you say? Oh boy, I just did about 400 in the frames, with still 35 frames to go (and the skins...) Sick
You sure earned yourself a very nice glass of wine (or whiskey). Beer
Thanxs, Johan. It is a nice bottle of Semillon-Chardonnay by the baked salmon.
But in the evening, a nice glass of:
BA64C438-0AF5-4C90-BE06-E8311560152A.jpeg

After a few hours of sanding, feeling, sanding, polishing, the result was:
629 Sanding.jpg
630 Sanding.jpg

With the waterline profile:
631 Waterlijn.jpg
632 Waterlijn.jpg
There are a few small irregularities in the seam 'below the waterline', but she will be displayed in the 'open position'. Then I think it's less noticeable.
That will come into view later when I have made the bottom part red.

I found it remarkable that I applied the same technique to the hull as when sharpening my ice-skates: feeling with my fingernails whether there were still burrs / sharp sides on the boards. :)
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
I guess that turned out OK if your goal is PERFECTION! Amazing work. I can't wait to see it with the finish on it!
Thanxs, Paul. Perfection ........ the hull of such a fishing / racing schooner must be smooth. There are some little imperfections, but I don't want to take the risk of sanding through a plank (again).
I am also curious what can be seen with the red Ecoline on it.

After a few hours of sanding, feeling, sanding, polishing, the result was:
View attachment 292418
View attachment 292419

With the waterline profile:
View attachment 292420
View attachment 292421
There are a few small irregularities in the seam 'below the waterline', but she will be displayed in the 'open position'. Then I think it's less noticeable.
That will come into view later when I have made the bottom part red.

I found it remarkable that I applied the same technique to the hull as when sharpening my skates: feeling with my fingernails whether there were still burrs / sharp sides on the boards. :)
Regards, Peter
Based on this marvelous result I would be severely tempted to forego applying Ecoline, instead I would probably go for a look "au naturel".
Fortunately/unfortunately (can't decide witch), I'm not the captain, nor the admiral of this beauty, so you can finish her to your heart's content.

Based on this marvelous result I would be severely tempted to forego applying Ecoline, instead I would probably go for a look "au naturel".
Fortunately/unfortunately (can't decide witch), I'm not the captain, nor the admiral of this beauty, so you can finish her to your heart's content.
As you can see, Johan, only natural on the starboard side.

Back