Bluenose 1/72 POF [COMPLETED BUILD]

Are you really sure both your Bluenose- and lighthouse model will be presents for your son?
Yeah, I stuck my foot in my mouth and told him about it... and he wants it of course. So I could have kept it, but feel it belongs with the Bluenose.
My son lives in the house next door to me, so I told him I will have visitation rights... lol. :p

Yeah, I stuck my foot in my mouth and told him about it... and he wants it of course. So I could have kept it, but feel it belongs with the Bluenose.
My son lives in the house next door to me, so I told him I will have visitation rights... lol. :p
Hmm, I foresee a second POF Bluenose being build in the real near future. And you, my friend, being the builder...

I built the lantern room.
The inside is white, the outside is red, and the inside of the windows are black. A lot of painting! Then I added the bolts around the windows. Next I had to be creative and make a lantern with a pedestal to go inside.
Now I’m ready to build the roof and vent.
F07B7F44-B57B-4C50-8A4F-DC341A711673.jpegC878BD67-5BF4-4024-82A1-FF1F2D0503C8.jpeg

Last edited:
I built the lantern room.
The inside is white, the outside is red, and the inside of the windows are black. A lot of painting! Then I added the bolts around the windows. Next I had to be creative and make a lantern with a pedestal to go inside.
Now I’m ready to build the roof and vent.
View attachment 258004View attachment 258005
Have you ever climbed in a tall light house? Here in Oregon we have quite a few and the tall ones have metal spiral stairs with very narrow triangular treads with a higher than normal rise for each one. Real corkscrew event. With tourists it is like climbing Mt. Everest having to wait for descending tourists to clear the way for the next group going up as there is not sufficient width for two passing each other as the narrow inside tread barely would support a heel. We are with you in your ascent to the lighthouse and final interior work before putting a roof on top. Nicely done. Rich (PT-2)

Have you ever climbed in a tall light house? Here in Oregon we have quite a few and the tall ones have metal spiral stairs with very narrow triangular treads with a higher than normal rise for each one. Real corkscrew event. With tourists it is like climbing Mt. Everest having to wait for descending tourists to clear the way for the next group going up as there is not sufficient width for two passing each other as the narrow inside tread barely would support a heel. We are with you in your ascent to the lighthouse and final interior work before putting a roof on top. Nicely done. Rich (PT-2)
Thank you Rich, that’s sounds difficult due to the stairs. ;)

Din62, this is some kind of very fast super lighthouse construction. How many people work in the team? ROTF Great job Thumbsup

Stunning results Dean! That lantern looks super-realistic!

Back