Bluenose 1/72 POF [COMPLETED BUILD]

It is done! Finally finished! I don’t have a lot of experience with scenery, but I will give it a passing grade…lol.
Anyway…pics! ;)
View attachment 258660View attachment 258661View attachment 258662View attachment 258663
The image I have in mind when the BN and lighthouse are on fireplace mantle in your son's house ........
Friends of him have come to visit and watch them both closely. "Yes", your son tells admiringly, "My father made them!".
You can be very proud!
Regards, Peter

It is now just after two in the morning and as per usual I can't sleep. Outside the wind is picking up as the elements are readying themselves for one of the last heavy rainstorms of the summer monsoon season. I am in the spare bedroom browsing through the posts on SOS on my old Dell laptop when I see your completed build pictures. Invariably I lean back against the pillows and close my eyes. And vividly I hear again the sounds of a Cape South Easter bringing alive the rigging of Assegaai as she bobs impatiently and strains her mooring lines in Cape Town harbor - the scene silhouetted by the monotonous yet faithful sweep of light from the lonely and seemingly distant lighthouse.

Thank you for reviving these memories ...

It is now just after two in the morning and as per usual I can't sleep. Outside the wind is picking up as the elements are readying themselves for one of the last heavy rainstorms of the summer monsoon season. I am in the spare bedroom browsing through the posts on SOS on my old Dell laptop when I see your completed build pictures. Invariably I lean back against the pillows and close my eyes. And vividly I hear again the sounds of a Cape South Easter bringing alive the rigging of Assegaai as she bobs impatiently and strains her mooring lines in Cape Town harbor - the scene silhouetted by the monotonous yet faithful sweep of light from the lonely and seemingly distant lighthouse.

Thank you for reviving these memories ...
Poetic... :)Okay

Beautiful scratch work Dean
Went to family in den Helder yesterday
Den Helder is a place where many fishermen and marine people live and where the most famous lighthouse in the Netherlands is about to collapse
I showed them your photos, and they were impressed

Back