HMS Blandford 1:48 POF Modelship Dockyard [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello, Thanks for dropping by and of course for all your likes. Now I’m really smoking the good stuff, the build is progressing rapidly and without issues. I managed to raise the rib fillers to their correct height just using small inserts which blend in well and can hardly be noticed and with a final tweak the bow is now done as good as I’m going to get it. I’ve completed another ten ribs which along with all the others are now glued to the keel and I’m pleased to say everything appears to line up nicely. After a first attempt at this type of build I’m saying to myself I wish that I could do that part again because I know that I could do better, but you only get one chance at it, you do your best then have to live with it.

This will be my last post for a few weeks as we’re going on holiday, Mrs Ken thinks that she deserves some time in the sun, who am I to deny her.

View attachment 398075

View attachment 398076

View attachment 398077

View attachment 398078

View attachment 398079

View attachment 398080

View attachment 398081

View attachment 398082

Blandford wants to come on holiday too

View attachment 398083
Great progress and looking good. Hope you both ave a great holiday in the sun. Relax and forget about Blandford for a couple of weeks. Or are you going to sneak it into your suitcase. I'm sure Mrs. Ken won't mind ;)

Hello, Thanks for dropping by and of course for all your likes. Now I’m really smoking the good stuff, the build is progressing rapidly and without issues. I managed to raise the rib fillers to their correct height just using small inserts which blend in well and can hardly be noticed and with a final tweak the bow is now done as good as I’m going to get it. I’ve completed another ten ribs which along with all the others are now glued to the keel and I’m pleased to say everything appears to line up nicely. After a first attempt at this type of build I’m saying to myself I wish that I could do that part again because I know that I could do better, but you only get one chance at it, you do your best then have to live with it.

This will be my last post for a few weeks as we’re going on holiday, Mrs Ken thinks that she deserves some time in the sun, who am I to deny her.

View attachment 398075

View attachment 398076

View attachment 398077

View attachment 398078

View attachment 398079

View attachment 398080

View attachment 398081

View attachment 398082

Blandford wants to come on holiday too

View attachment 398083
Good morning Ken. Enjoy your Holiday. Don’t miss the Blandford too much ;) . Cheers Grant

Hello again, I'm back from my holiday, went to Turkey, nice weather but you can only eat so many kebabs, I'm glad to be back, I really missed my build.
The last couple of days I had a real push and have completed all of the ribs and started fitting the fillers starting from the bow. I'm going to finish off these to give the hull some rigidity before I take it out of the jig. I'm pretty happy with the way that it's progressing and I haven't had any real issues yet, though trying to plan ahead I can foresee a few head scratches but I'll deal with them when they arise.

123.jpg

125.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg

129.jpg

130.jpg

Hello again, I'm back from my holiday, went to Turkey, nice weather but you can only eat so many kebabs, I'm glad to be back, I really missed my build.
The last couple of days I had a real push and have completed all of the ribs and started fitting the fillers starting from the bow. I'm going to finish off these to give the hull some rigidity before I take it out of the jig. I'm pretty happy with the way that it's progressing and I haven't had any real issues yet, though trying to plan ahead I can foresee a few head scratches but I'll deal with them when they arise.

View attachment 401727

View attachment 401728

View attachment 401729

View attachment 401730

View attachment 401731

View attachment 401732
Great progress Ken and very nice hull. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. You will soon be able to release her from the jig for the first time. Exciting times :D Thumbsup

View attachment 401727

View attachment 401728

View attachment 401729

View attachment 401730

View attachment 401731

View attachment 401732
Good morning Ken. Wonderful progress- looks really good . Cheers Grant

View attachment 401727

View attachment 401728

View attachment 401729

View attachment 401730

View attachment 401731

View attachment 401732
A nice restart after your holiday, Ken. A impressive hull!
Regards, Peter

Ken, the day your release her from bindings of the build jig will mean we don't get to see you fancy rainbow of colorful rubber bands any longer.

Great work on the fillers and it is making her a steady frame for the next phase.
Hi Kurt, Yes I’ll miss those colourful bands, but they were only the sideshow, the main event is yet to come.

Back