HMS GRANADO (1742) - midship section - POF by CAF in 1:48 - by Uwe

Hallo my friends,

today I will show for the moment the last made progress on my section model.

The hinges of the sweep ports were installed and also the outside endings of the gun ringbolts

View attachment 296636

View attachment 296637

and off course some fast impressions with the guns and the mortar

View attachment 296638

View attachment 296639

View attachment 296640

also one door of the amunition room was finally fixed

View attachment 296641

View attachment 296642

Now only the tackles of the guns are missing, but for this I need some aftermarket blocks and ropes, which will be ordered in some time, together with the necessary material for the Le Coureur and my upcoming project.

So for the moment the work on this section is now completed - some final photos of this model will come soon........

Podsumowując, mogę stwierdzić, że praca nad tym modelem dostarczyła naprawdę wielu zabawnych i przyjemnych godzin. Jest to wysokiej jakości zestaw z kilkoma możliwościami (ale bez potrzeby) dopracowania kilku dodatkowych detali. Drewno jest świetne i chciałbym mieć taki materiał częściej w zestawach, chociaż zestaw byłby droższy, ale jest wart każdy euro, dolar i cent. Mam nadzieję, że CAF wkrótce wyprodukuje drugi numer tego zestawu, więc i inni będą mogli wykonać ten model.
Zwykle nie wymieniam godzin pracy na tym modelu, ale do tego (krótkiego czasu) modelu naliczyłem - w sumie było to 256 godzin - 256 godzin zabawy
Po wyjęciu z pudełka można to zrobić w ciągu 120 do 150 godzin.

Wielkie dzięki za zainteresowanie, komentarze, podpowiedzi i wskazówki, które tu zamieściłeś, a także otrzymane polubienia.

Do zobaczenia w moim następnym dzienniku budowy...
Witaj
Wiem że się powtarzam ale bardzo piękny model ,moje gratulacje . Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
I know I repeat myself but very beautiful model, my congratulations. Greetings Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Uwe, thank you for an exciting and informative building log with good photos and explanations during this project, greetings Knut-

Great looking ship section.
I have one question, on the exterior you have two bolt ends on each side of gun port, but inside I see only one ringbolt for gun rigging on each side of p ort.
you have good eyes - and I can explain

IMG-9136.jpg

here you can see, that the gun tackle is just hooked into a eyebolt, but the breeching rope is connected with a special knot fixed to the eyebolt.

IMG_0032a.jpg

So the eyebolts already installed will be for the hook of the tackles

and the breeching rope I will prepare and connect directly his eyebolts at the gun carriage separate from the section model, pre-drill the holes into the wall and install the breeching rope to the wall when I finaly fix the gun on the section.
Much easier I think, than installing the eyebolt and try to make the knot insitu with my thick fingers
A pure question of accessibility

Last edited:
Hallo my friends,

today I will show for the moment the last made progress on my section model.

The hinges of the sweep ports were installed and also the outside endings of the gun ringbolts

View attachment 296636

View attachment 296637

and off course some fast impressions with the guns and the mortar

View attachment 296638

View attachment 296639

View attachment 296640

also one door of the amunition room was finally fixed

View attachment 296641

View attachment 296642

Now only the tackles of the guns are missing, but for this I need some aftermarket blocks and ropes, which will be ordered in some time, together with the necessary material for the Le Coureur and my upcoming project.

So for the moment the work on this section is now completed - some final photos of this model will come soon........

As summary I can state, that the work on this model produced really a lot of fun and enjoyable hours. It is a high quality kit with several possibilities (but no needs) for pimping some more details. The wood is great and I would love to have such a material more often in kits, although the kit would get more expensive, but it is every Euro, Dollar and cent worth. I hope, that CAF is making soon a second issue of this kit, so also other will be able to make this model.
Usually I am not listing the working hours on this model, but for this (short time) model I counted - all togther it was 256 hours - 256 hours of fun
Out of the box you could make it maybe with 120 to 150 hours.

Many Thanks for all your interest, your comments, hint and tipps you posted here, and also the likes received.

See you in my next building log......
Great work Uwek! The craftsmanship is excellent as usual! ;)
Congratulations!

Truly wonderful work Uwe:cool::cool:Congratulations!

I really like that you chose to leave the fixings in natural copper.I think it may have been too much to blacken them on such a light timber background.I remember the discussion between Anton and Dr Mike on one of the many videos likening the appearance to a "bed of bugs"

Now come on, what's next??ROTFROTFWhen's the big reveal?:p

Kind Regards

Nigel

Very nice work again Uwe. I like the light coloured wood of this very much. Looking forward to your Granado. You can now do a hull extension :cool:

Last edited:
Many Thanks to all of you for your kind words

I will add in some future some real final (better) photos of the complete section model

When you are interested in my next project, please visit my new building log in the group build area of the

Granado 1742 1:48 PoF Group Build (CAF Model)​

Original the first batch of kits produced by @CAFmodel was limited to 20 kits (when I remember correctly), which was very fast Sold Out !!!
Now our friend reissued this amazing kit, which I can recommend very much, and a further batch of 10 kits would be available for order.

Last edited:
Back