HMS GRANADO - full hull - POF kit by CAF in 1:48 - by Uwe

Piękne to wszystko wygląda chciasz jeszcze nieskończone. Pozdrawiam Mirek

Beautiful it all looks like you want it still unfinished. Regards, Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
Many Thanks to @Mirek, @Steef66 , @Nomad and @Maarten for your kind comments and all the likes received

@Maarten
based on the information given in Goodwins anatomy book both seems to be made out of bronze, but only based on the contemporary information about their weight

At this time, these bomb vessels had both types in use, either iron and also bronze

Screenshot 2023-07-03 142149.png

and something else, which I wanted to share with you..... @Alexander74 , @Jack Jäger , @Dean62 and all others thinking about the direction of gratings....

Step by step I am sharing with you the opinion about the direction of the battens along the ship......
..... but I found also the information by Peter Goodwin in his Anatomy book about the Granado
This is an older photo, which I made some months ago, so because of this sketch from Goodwin I was not thinking about the grating any more - so maybe Goodwin was also wrong .......

IMG_1791.jpg

and something else, which I wanted to share with you..... @Alexander74 , @Jack Jäger , @Dean62 and all others thinking about the direction of gratings....

Step by step I am sharing with you the opinion about the direction of the battens along the ship......
..... but I found also the information by Peter Goodwin in his Anatomy book about the Granado
This is an older photo, which I made some months ago, so because of this sketch from Goodwin I was not thinking about the grating any more - so maybe Goodwin was also wrong .......

View attachment 382831
Uwek, good afternoon.
There is no reason not to trust Peter Goodwin, but there are many errors in Ancre's anatomy. About Ancre - these are the reviews of our Russian model builders.

Uwek, good afternoon.
There is no reason not to trust Peter Goodwin, but there are many errors in Ancre's anatomy. About Ancre - these are the reviews of our Russian model builders.
This book is not published by ancre, it is a Anatomy of ships series book

In the meantime I think, that this information is the most important one - and is making sense

Screenshot 2023-07-04 130744.png

Love the grating! Weren’t the ships bells used to signal different things like shift changes, meals, etc.?
Sorry @Dean62 - I just recognized your question in this older post, which I did not answer until now

Missing on my bell is still the rope, so you can handle the bell from both sides and from the individual decks

This is a small sketch from Volume IV of Boudriots 74-Gun Ship
IMG_3179.jpg

He is also describing in the same volume the splitting of the day in the shifts and the use of the bell to inform the complete crew on the ship about the time - and special events

IMG_3182.jpg IMG_3183.jpg

This is the book I found these information (I guess on english ships the bell was more or less used in a similar way)

Back