HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

Alright, Y.T. Black Sharpie may also work, I have not used it, though. As an alternative, you may use a Minwax Ebony stain, it will also penetrate the wood.

Your last post on that subject said you used a sofa solution after blacking

Hi Kkonrath, I had to write a "soda" solution. It was a spelling mistake. Sequence of events is this . Put parts to be blackened into warm Sparex (acid used by jewellers to remove oxides after soldering). Then neutralize parts by putting them into SODA solution. Then we dry the parts. Then blacken parts with best blackening method we like.

Now I am looking at brackets on outside of port lids. This is what kit provides. I also look at pictures of existing lids. I do not know how I can use kit brackets. They do not have welded rings for raising the lid. Besides kit instructions suggest just one string to pull the lid up at centre of lids. Existing lids have two strings. One more problem kit brackets are cast and not to high quality standards. I don’t know how to proceed.

A0A15061-D3B8-4467-92B7-6A97D71F0E8A.jpeg

V (91).JPG

Thinking of future rigging work on my build I understood I want good looking ropes on my models. Made my decision and purchased these two items.

I am getting a hand driven version of SM4

Thinking of future rigging work on my build I understood I want good looking ropes on my models. Made my decision and purchased these two items.
Very good choice, I can prove a great quality of both!!

Back