HMS Victory by Y.T.- Mamoli - 1:90 scale

This thread is a godsend! I just bought this kit at a yard sale for $10.00 (yes; ten dollars!). You are being very clear about the kit's shortcomings, and I appreciate it very much! You are doing an outstanding job!

Bill

This is how I plan having little windows in false gun-ports with no guns. I plan same construction to all stern ocre color windows as well. Each window is individually made and inserted into the opening with some back supports to hold window from falling inside.
By the way Mamoli instructs installing a gun there where I installed a small window now. It is an office space there and no gun would fit inside. On current actual Victory there are windows there with no guns.

IMG_6172.thumb.JPG.f8e170044380b78ed3001f9b193be38b.jpg

Last edited:
I was trying to install these stern planks but... it did not work well at first time. I had to pull all planks out after gluing. Issue was planks did not get a proper curvature. Some intermediate brackets had to be installed. Besides many adjustments with adding and removing the wood to the brackets were necessary. Finally I got what I wanted.

IMG_6175.thumb.JPG.70a65aa801e1d216d0840507575f5a00.jpgIMG_6174.thumb.JPG.bc9f9c87be0085b45bd13cacb19382af.jpg

Last edited:
Just an update. It is obvious that when one builds a hull from a kit one never gets a perfect hull - kit manufacturers always have some error in their design to hinder your progress. Note that for building this hull I still never used any wood filler. I purchased one, just in case, but still never used it. I glue wood plank leftovers instead and have them filed to the shape.

Back