Imperial yacht Uvalen by Falconet in 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

The glazing is ready. I'm not really happy with it, but the job is done.

DSC_6572.JPG

Next in turn is the protective metal grating. The Deluxe version of the kit contains it by default, otherwise you can buy it as an option. The simple version contains a resin grating.

DSC_6573.JPG

The first step - a special template for assembling and the central part. Now I'm plucking up the courage for a lot of pinpoint soldering.

DSC_6576.jpg

Your glazing looks great to me, WalterOne.

I wish I had the brass skylight grate, but the cost of shipping is just too much.

What did you use for the glazing on the skylight?

I have seen those who use microscope slide glass lids, which are very thin for this task in other hobbies.

you are on a good way with the metal works - I am looking forward to see the final result....

I PRAY TO MY LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUES CHRIST THAT IT ENDS, A WAR AGAINST BWOMEN, CHILDREN, THE EDERLY, THE SICK IS TOTALYY UNGODLY ON THE NAME OFN JESUES THE THINGS GOING ON ARE REAL NOT PROPOGANDA ON HIS NAME I AM NOT LYING. PLEASE LORD SAVE THE INNOCENT IN YOUR NAME JESUES DON

That looks great, Walterone! I use a ceramic sharpening stone to remove burrs from photo-etch. You might find that helpful for smoothing down the ends of the brass rods flush with the frame.

Well, the grate is ready. I'm not very happy with it, but I'm so happy that it's finished :) Maybe some day I'll make another one. It's been not an easy job, for an unexperienced modeller it can be a real challenge. But the resin grate is a good alternative, I think.

DSC_6593.JPG
DSC_6592.JPG

Last edited:
Your grate looks...dare I say it?...great, and the resin grate can't match the look of shiny brass and wood for class.

Well, the grate is ready. I'm not very happy with it, but I'm so happy that it's finished :) Maybe some day I'll make another one. It's been not an easy job, for an unexperienced modeller it can be a real challenge. But the resin grate is a good alternative, I think.

View attachment 295114
View attachment 295115
Good evening Walterone, the metal grill you made is a gem, the resin one has nothing better than yours, congratulations

Back