LE ROCHEFORT

Thanks UWE and NIGEL, will follow your advice, I can see now the frames are getting better and better, if i get bored with making the frames or start having problems I will shift to just cutting out parts not putting them on the model, have to do some work room adjustments to make more room for the building slip to dry fit the frames. Don PS can UWE or NIGEL tell me where on the plans can i find some thickness of parts, probally my fault but can not find them in another post i listed parts that i had to assume thickness dimensions are they correct. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

haveing a problem with fram No.2 on the frame plans it shows the extended frame facing the bow on planset No.4 it shows it facing the stern if I am correct in reading the plans picturems attached, maybe UWE or Gerad can help me out here or anyone else that has the plans20191215_214655.jpg20191215_214927.jpg

haveing a problem with fram No.2 on the frame plans it shows the extended frame facing the bow on planset No.4 it shows it facing the stern if I am correct in reading the plans picturems attached, maybe UWE or Gerad can help me out here or anyone else that has the plans
I do not understand completely what you are asking? What do you mean with "extended frame" (I guess you mean the top timber which is a little bit longer than the other half of the double frame)? Is it the part marked with the red arrows, what you mean?
oxfordhb-9780199336005-graphic214-full.jpg 20191215_214655.jpg 20191215_214927.jpg

According the last photo, frame 1 is connected with the Hawse pieces and not frame 2 - but I have really now to study a little bit the drawing set

slow progress on the frames but getting better, pictures showing FARAME No.12, it is the best to date having don 13 FRAMES, I will have some redoes to do, the pictures show the frame with the bow and stern views as good just a little tweking to do after dry fitting the frames onto the keel20191217_173226.jpg20191217_173340.jpg

the frames will get better when my new toy arrieves (DISK SANDER) so I will not do any more frames until it comes in, will do other items for a while, AS ALWAYS ALL COMENTS AND CRITISESMS ARE WELCOME THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN

THANK YOU CHRISTIAN, As i needed to have a starting point, i cut the outboard side almost exact and left a little meat on the inboard side for dry fitting, any other sugestions would be gladly accepted. THANKS ALL. Don

THANKS GUYS DID IT THE RIGHT WAY, BTW UWE DID YOU GET A CHANCE TO CHECK FRAME No.2 AS TO WITCH PLAN TO USE. THANKS LOADS Don
Sorry, not until now - I will need the holidays to do so - I was very busy during the last days

Hi Don,

The elevation drawing shows the extended top timber on the aft side of frame 2, you should install it per that drawing.

Mike

Back