NORSKE LOVE - Billing Boats 1:75 scale

Back to the NL… just started putting planks on the lower part of the hull. Not too worried about doing both sides at the same time. First, the keel is still very straight. Second, I kept a detailed log of every board so far, tapper width at each end and where to start the tapers.
The section I am working on now will be painted white to the water line. Then black above that to the bottom of the lowest wale. So I’m not even sure why I’m being so meticulous with these? I definitely have to on the stained section. ;)
Pic…
8BD78CDB-1D6D-47CF-9A65-28B2BA237702.jpeg

Last edited:
Back to the NL… just started putting planks on the lower part of the hull. Not too worried about doing both sides at the same time. First, the keel is still very straight. Second, I kept a detailed log of every board so far, tapper width at each end and where to start the tapers.
The section I am working on now will be painted white to the water line. Then black above that to the bottom of the lowest wale. So I’m not even sure why I’m being so meticulous with these? I definitely have to on the stained section. ;)
Pic…
View attachment 310197
I am also happy to see you back on the warf!

Pic…
View attachment 310197
It is perfectly done. It is not often, that a builder is planking like you (and me -old-time) only a layer of planking can be done without hast.
WHY DO PLANKING EASY AND CORRECT, WHEN IT IS MUCH EASIER DO DO IT UN CORRECT. a lot of sanding, fillers and sanding again. WEEL DONE MADE.
PS: MY 1TH WAS BUILT 1968-71

Thank you all for the support. It's good to be back working on the ship after the airplane build. I needed a small break, as there is a lot of work ahead and I am excited again to see progress, slow as it may be. I am really looking forward to getting past planking the hull so I can start on the wales, railings, etc. I am trying to average 2 planks per day. At that rate, I may finish this side by the end of the week. Then I get to do it all over again on the other side. ;)

Quick update, it was a busy week for me, thus only 6 boards went on. I am hoping to finish the last 8 boards to close the gap this weekend! ;)
Ps - to avoid any waviness and a lot of extra sanding when doing a plank on bulkhead hull, I always clamp the new board to the previous board where needed to keep them level.
678B8DEB-4921-4CD0-987C-C45C4CB358FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Quick update, it was a busy week for me, thus only 6 boards went on. I am hoping to finish the last 8 boards to close the gap this weekend! ;)
Ps - to avoid any waviness and a lot of extra sanding when doing a plank on bulkhead hull, I always clamp the new board to the previous board where needed to keep them level.
View attachment 310738
This is what I have been waiting for. BRAVO.

I'll only be convinced that you're back in the swing with NL when I see our friendly lion lurking about ;)
He is currently overseeing the hull planking! :p
Once that is done, wales and railings will go on, and the cannon ports will be next. After which I can start on the bow and stern. Then the Lion will be finished and mounted to the keel on the bow. Something I look forward to! ;)

Back