POF La Palme (L'Amarante) Corvette 1744 1:36 (Ancre Monograph) by Tobias

Hello everyone, not much news from La Palme, scratching, scratching............ scratching. I'm getting closer to finishing the interior of the fuselage. I made some sanding blocks at the beginning and worked with them, however in my eyes this is not effective. The best method is to work with the drawing plates - the result is great and, above all, precise.

View attachment 336113

View attachment 336114

View attachment 336115
Dear Tobias
I would appreciate it if you could direct me to a site where I can purchase the metal sanding forms as shown in the first picture.
Thank you

Hallo mein Freund @shota70 hier ein paar Links ich habe welche bei Amazon gekauft und ein paar bei DICTUM. Ich hoffe du wirst fündig, zusätzlich habe ich dir den Schärfrundstahl als Link hinzufügt. Auf YouTube gibt es Videos wie man die Ziehklingen schärft.

ACCOCO 6-teiliger Ziehklingensatz, Ziehklinge https://amzn.eu/d/2PWiS4t

"KIRSCHEN" Werkzeuge 3915000 | Ziehklingenstahl rund mit Holzheft https://amzn.eu/d/cLCCeva

Dear Tobias
Thank you very much for your help in answering my question. I purchased them on Amazon.
Since I'm in the "last lap" of the Alert, I'm starting to study the next model I intend to build the L'Amarante and your build log serves me as an excellent source of knowledge. Thank you

I wish everyone a nice good evening and enjoy the upcoming weekend.

The time has come I sent Le Rochefort into the summer break now it's on to La Palme. In the last few days I have made some preparations and measurements, different heights have been marked. In the following step, the cannon ports and the whales have been marked, for the whales I use black hornbeam that I ordered from Vahur in Estonia (if you are interested, visit the hobbymill.eu website). Next, I watered and fixed these two days well. The first opening, i.e. the window in the rear area, was opened and the crossbeams inserted because this has to happen before the whales are attached because the window almost ends with them. I'll keep you posted and wish you a good night.

eZy Watermark_20-07-2023_08-38-51-0310PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_20-07-2023_08-40-03-2080PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_21-07-2023_09-22-40-6180PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_20-07-2023_09-09-41-1490PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_21-07-2023_09-24-43-9620PM.jpeg

Hello Uwe, the processing is a lot better. I had made one with ebony and watered it, since it is a very dense wood, it sinks immediately and absorbs almost no water (3mm thickness), the hornbeam behaves differently. The hornbeam is also very hard, but it absorbs the water and you can bend it very well. The procurement of the hornbeam was only possible through Hobbymill, which has this on offer, but it will take some time before Vahur can deliver. Luckily I ordered it while I was building Le Rochefort so I didn't have a problem with the waiting time.

Hello Uwe, the processing is a lot better. I had made one with ebony and watered it, since it is a very dense wood, it sinks immediately and absorbs almost no water (3mm thickness), the hornbeam behaves differently. The hornbeam is also very hard, but it absorbs the water and you can bend it very well. The procurement of the hornbeam was only possible through Hobbymill, which has this on offer, but it will take some time before Vahur can deliver. Luckily I ordered it while I was building Le Rochefort so I didn't have a problem with the waiting time.
Hi Tobias. I have been drawing down black hornbeam into treenails and I found it to be very workable as well. I also found it to be a bit waxy (that is, when I cut into it the cut surface had a little shine to it and this was also observable when drawing it down in a draw plate). I’m curious if you observed the same thing?

Hi Tobias. I have been drawing down black hornbeam into treenails and I found it to be very workable as well. I also found it to be a bit waxy (that is, when I cut into it the cut surface had a little shine to it and this was also observable when drawing it down in a draw plate). I’m curious if you observed the same thing?
Good morning Paul @dockattner , what you describe is the same for me. I assume that this is due to the coloring of the wood. From what I've read, the wood is colored under pressure in a special process.

Good evening everyone, thanks for all the likes, much appreciated.

In the next step I decided to open the gun ports. In order to get a reasonably straight recess, I built a small tool that I can adjust exactly to the opening. There will be more pictures when the starboard side is finished, until then have a nice time.

eZy Watermark_25-07-2023_07-21-06-9670PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_26-07-2023_07-30-43-2560PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_25-07-2023_06-41-05-5830PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_26-07-2023_07-31-14-6410PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_26-07-2023_07-31-58-2550PM.jpeg

Back