The Schooner Bluenose 1921, POF Yuanqing Models 1:72 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Kurt, welcome aboard as my first visitor. I have to search again for the English version, I was surfing around and came across it but don't remember exactly where the link is. I will PM you when I find it again.
Hello Daniel,I'm just starting my build. Did you ever find English instructions for this kit

Did you ever find English instructions for this kit
(Sorry for answering your questin to Daniel …. ;))

Last edited:
(Sorry for answering your questin to Daniel …. ;))
Thanks Peter, I was starting to rack my brain all over again looking for the link to the English translation.

Good afternoon all. Wow how time flies. I finally have a short fun little post to update my work. I set the 4 outriggers 2 at the main mast, 2 at the foremast. These find their purchase as shroud lines do by dead eye to dead eye, located in the central part of the main shrouds and smaller in scope.

IMG_3266.jpg

The main topsail is now rigged up except for the clue line which I decided to do last along with the fore topsails clew line. Since I do not have a clear picture where these lines will fall and tie off to, I want to be sure and have a place for the remaining sails to land on. The Fishermans stay sail is the latest install which has an interesting item. Its tack is an oak hook lashed to the sail and hooked to the foresail throat or peak halyard as shown in Jensen's book and placed according to my interpretation. I fashioned the hook from a piece of basswood, cut out with my scroll saw then sanded and stained. Check it out.

IMG_3264.jpgIMG_3265.jpgIMG_3267.jpgIMG_3268.jpg

The scale of the Fishermans staysail is off a little and just a bit too small however for me it works.

I'm getting close to the end and have slowed way down in construction to make time to earn a little extra from my mapping business as well as some big chores around the house long overdue.

Hope you all enjoy the photos, until next time happy modeling.

Good afternoon all. Wow how time flies. I finally have a short fun little post to update my work. I set the 4 outriggers 2 at the main mast, 2 at the foremast. These find their purchase as shroud lines do by dead eye to dead eye, located in the central part of the main shrouds and smaller in scope.

View attachment 430763

The main topsail is now rigged up except for the clue line which I decided to do last along with the fore topsails clew line. Since I do not have a clear picture where these lines will fall and tie off to, I want to be sure and have a place for the remaining sails to land on. The Fishermans stay sail is the latest install which has an interesting item. Its tack is an oak hook lashed to the sail and hooked to the foresail throat or peak halyard as shown in Jensen's book and placed according to my interpretation. I fashioned the hook from a piece of basswood, cut out with my scroll saw then sanded and stained. Check it out.

View attachment 430765View attachment 430766View attachment 430767View attachment 430768

The scale of the Fishermans staysail is off a little and just a bit too small however for me it works.

I'm getting close to the end and have slowed way down in construction to make time to earn a little extra from my mapping business as well as some big chores around the house long overdue.

That hook is the BEST!

View attachment 430763

View attachment 430765View attachment 430766View attachment 430767View attachment 430768

Good morning Daniel. Mighty fine work. Cheers Grant

View attachment 430763

A nice tiny detailed hook on you Fishermans, Daniel. It are those details that make you BN very personal and unique.
Regards, Peter

Such beautiful detailing. Another heavily customized Bluenose about to join a growing fleet of completed builds.
YQ could easily pick their share of add-ons to offer for their Bluenose kit.
(I am not so going to mention saws...)

Such beautiful detailing. Another heavily customized Bluenose about to join a growing fleet of completed builds.
YQ could easily pick their share of add-ons to offer for their Bluenose kit.
(I am not so going to mention saws...)
Thanks Johan. Like you I have not decided on my next build but fortunately there are so many options to choose from.

It's hard to believe how time flies and that you are almost at the end of the Bluenose build - it felt like yesterday when you completed the VASA. You have once again done yourself proud with this build, my friend. I agree with @RDN1954 Johan, YQ would be spoilt for choice if they had to select a "showcase" Bluenose out of all these wonderful builds. I, for one, would be very interested to see what your next build will be, but I do know one thing - it will be another beauty: just like VASA and just like Bluenose!

It's hard to believe how time flies and that you are almost at the end of the Bluenose build - it felt like yesterday when you completed the VASA. You have once again done yourself proud with this build, my friend. I agree with @RDN1954 Johan, YQ would be spoilt for choice if they had to select a "showcase" Bluenose out of all these wonderful builds. I, for one, would be very interested to see what your next build will be, but I do know one thing - it will be another beauty: just like VASA and just like Bluenose!
Thank you for the kind words, Heinrich. While I haven't decided what my next build will be yet, I do have the models' parameters sorted out. The Bluenose has satisfied my curiosity regarding POF builds so the next will be a POB so I can concentrate more on the externals rather than time spent internally. Choice of wood will play a major role as well as minimal painting.

Well, another milestone reached! The rigging is now completed with the exception of a few downhauls on the jib sails and some certain clew lines which at this point I will omit. I do include the downhauls for the main and fore gaffs. I have included all the Jibs, jumbo, jib topsail halyards, sheets and boom lifts. The following pictures I'll call semi formal for now, I still have final deck pieces to scratch up and place. My next post should be a formal finish build with several close in highlights.

Check it out.

For now,IMG_3275.jpgIMG_3276.jpgIMG_3278.jpgIMG_3279.jpgIMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

So now I need to make a boatload of rope coils and the all-important navigation lights, and an attempt at oil drums and equipment/ tool storage boxes, we are almost there.
Thanks for looking in.

Back