Victory Models Kit Revenge 1577 Race Built Galleon scale 1/64

I have been slowed down (progress wise) with the small deck details. Deck furniture, eye bolts, cleats, etc. Many deck furniture parts need to be assembled, painted, then attached. I am using acrylic Burnt Umber (satin) as the dark brown colour for the deck furniture. These photos just show some progress (they look goofy because the hull is on its side on my assembly stand). I am placing pin rails as well as assembling the larger horn cleats. Next will be the deck cannons; assembling, placing, and rigging them. After that are the chain plates and lower deadeye assemblies. If all goes well with these details it will be time to assemble masts and spars. I also have some painting touchups to do especially the openings in the bulwarks. Always something!

One more note: I found a wonderful ship's boat kit by Master Korabel. Just the right size at 95mm and of the shape and colouring appropriate to a 1577 era Galleon. It is a detailed little kit with the parts laser cut on very thin stock. I started on it as an aside but after I broke a frame piece trying to cut it out of the stock I set it aside to work on later. The parts are very very delicate...this will be a challenge to assemble! I will take photos when I go back to it...

IMG_1660.jpeg

IMG_1661.jpeg

IMG_1663.jpeg

I have been slowed down (progress wise) with the small deck details. Deck furniture, eye bolts, cleats, etc. Many deck furniture parts need to be assembled, painted, then attached. I am using acrylic Burnt Umber (satin) as the dark brown colour for the deck furniture. These photos just show some progress (they look goofy because the hull is on its side on my assembly stand). I am placing pin rails as well as assembling the larger horn cleats. Next will be the deck cannons; assembling, placing, and rigging them. After that are the chain plates and lower deadeye assemblies. If all goes well with these details it will be time to assemble masts and spars. I also have some painting touchups to do especially the openings in the bulwarks. Always something!

One more note: I found a wonderful ship's boat kit by Master Korabel. Just the right size at 95mm and of the shape and colouring appropriate to a 1577 era Galleon. It is a detailed little kit with the parts laser cut on very thin stock. I started on it as an aside but after I broke a frame piece trying to cut it out of the stock I set it aside to work on later. The parts are very very delicate...this will be a challenge to assemble! I will take photos when I go back to it...

View attachment 221019

View attachment 221020

View attachment 221021
You have very clean and sharp detailing. Well done. Rich

It has been awhile since I last posted and I thought to update everyone to let you know I am still working on the details of the Revenge. As you know sometimes these details slow us down! And I do not need to post a photo of each and every deadeye or cannon I assemble! These are two photos to show I am working on the chain plates (lower deadeyes) and when I get bored with those I work on the main deck cannons. The cannon photo shows all the pieces ready to assemble...I have a few off to the side that are basically assembled. My plan with the cannons is to assemble as much as I can before I mount them to the deck...including rigging. I am pondering a finish for the cannons...perhaps...although the kit finish is not too bad by itself. My alternative would be "cannon black." Maybe...

IMG_1668.jpegIMG_1665.jpeg

It has been awhile since I last posted and I thought to update everyone to let you know I am still working on the details of the Revenge. As you know sometimes these details slow us down! And I do not need to post a photo of each and every deadeye or cannon I assemble! These are two photos to show I am working on the chain plates (lower deadeyes) and when I get bored with those I work on the main deck cannons. The cannon photo shows all the pieces ready to assemble...I have a few off to the side that are basically assembled. My plan with the cannons is to assemble as much as I can before I mount them to the deck...including rigging. I am pondering a finish for the cannons...perhaps...although the kit finish is not too bad by itself. My alternative would be "cannon black." Maybe...

View attachment 233290View attachment 233291
This looks like a mass production line that got backed up and over flowed before the stop switch was punched. It is better than working on jig-saw puzzles though in assembling the pieces unless you can get a bang out of those. Rich

I can really tell when I haven't posted to my build thread in awhile...the thread gets pushed way down the list by newer postings! :) Just a brief update to let you know I am making slow but steady progress on the Revenge. I finished the starboard side chain plates and lower dead eyes. I am now working on the same on the port side. I am using black wire for the dead eyes...wrap around and twist to secure. The dead eyes are not aligned to the direction of the future stays yet, but they will but pulled into position as I get to the masting and rigging. These photos show the starboard side dead eyes.

IMG_1669.jpegIMG_1673.jpegIMG_1670.jpeg

At the same time I am working on the chain plates and the dead eyes I am assembling the upper, or main, deck cannons. I have a little assembly line going for the cannon carriages. There are 14 deck cannons and they are small due to scale. So I add each feature as I go...first all the axles, then all the wheels, etc. Right now I am adding the wheels. The holes in each need to be slightly reamed to slip onto the axles...a tedious task with such small parts. Note the round file. Next will be drilling holes for all of the ring bolts. 4 on each carriage. So when I get bored with doing dead eyes I add more stuff to the cannon carriages...then back to the dead eyes. Keeps things interesting!

IMG_1679.jpeg

I can really tell when I haven't posted to my build thread in awhile...the thread gets pushed way down the list by newer postings! :) Just a brief update to let you know I am making slow but steady progress on the Revenge. I finished the starboard side chain plates and lower dead eyes. I am now working on the same on the port side. I am using black wire for the dead eyes...wrap around and twist to secure. The dead eyes are not aligned to the direction of the future stays yet, but they will but pulled into position as I get to the masting and rigging. These photos show the starboard side dead eyes.

View attachment 244346View attachment 244347View attachment 244348
it's looks beautiful ! Great work! :) Thumbsup :)

I am sort of still doing the detail work on the lower deadeyes and chain plates. When I get bored with those I look for something else to work on. In this case I mounted the stern lantern. The first two photos show the finished project for the lantern. It does seem that the lantern assembly will interfere with lines to the stern spreader rig but I will need to wait until I get to the rigging phase to sort that one out. So the stern lantern along with the stern post in place. I took one photo with flash and one without.IMG_1680.jpegIMG_1687.jpeg

Just to show what I am doing on the lower deadeyes here are two photos of the work in progress. What makes these so tedious is that each deadeye needs to be assembled with wire wrapped around the deadeye and the chain attached to the wire. Then mounted to the chain plate and then pinned to the hull. Not hard...just detailed. The first photo shows one chain plate nearly complete with just pinning the chains to the hull to remain. The second photo shows another set in the finished state.

IMG_1684.jpegIMG_1685.jpeg

Back