YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

Nice work :)
Thanxs Stephan.
Mission accomplished and awesomely made! Congrats, my friend!
Haha Jim, yes this mission. A lot more to come.
Very well done Peter!
The lower portion is very shallow, therefore it seems the parting line may have been higher IMHO, just below the deck beams to show more in the lower half? However I am sure that would interduce other problems, as you would have to cut a curve to follow the deck.
I am interested to see how much of the main cabin will be seen, if any, in the lower half? It looks like that will be in the upper half?
Anyway, once again I think you did a great job of parting the ship. Where to cut it is always going to be subjective. ;)
One final thought...if the main cabin will be in the upper portion, perhaps you could have the cabin roof be removeable? Also, how will you address the masts?
Hi Dean,
I have considered several cuts. Finally after weighing the pros and cons, decided to cut across the waterline.
I build most of the cabins and fish holds in the low part. As far as they can slide straight up through the opening of the top part. What falls beside in the curve of the top part, comes in the top part. So that will slide right past each other. But the main cabin fitst mostly in the top half.
The masts are fixed and tensioned on the upper part. The masts protrude, in the exploded-view, downwards through the upper deck. Then you see the squared ends. In the closed-view, they insert into the mast feet. (In the mastfeet you can see the silver dollar, mentioned befor ;)) When I build them up, the 2 parts are fixed together to get them aligned.
I am also considering making the cabin roof on the deck half oven so you can see inside the cabin. There will also be the sleeping places, stove, table, etc. The walls below the deck will fit to the walls through and on the deck.

As it stands now, I'm going to start with the deck beams from the front. As soon as I get to the front of the cabin, I'm going to make that wall, floor and interior. Once that's done, the rest of the beams will follow. Until I get to the next wall, from the 1st fish-hold. And so I'm going to work backwards.
As soon as I get to a mast passage, I make the masts fit to place later.
Well, still a lot of thinking to do everything.
But first finishing the ceiling en floor in the lower part.
Wow, that is incredible.
Jan
Thanxs Jan. That was also my first thought. But after a while ........ ;)
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Thanxs Stephan.

Haha Jim, yes this mission. A lot more to come.

Hi Dean,
I have considered several cuts. Finally after weighing the pros and cons, decided to cut across the waterline.
I build most of the cabins and fish holds in the low part. As far as they can slide straight up through the opening of the top part. What falls beside in the curve of the top part, comes in the top part. So that will slide right past each other. But the main cabin fitst mostly in the top half.
The masts are fixed and tensioned on the upper part. The masts protrude, in the exploded-view, downwards through the upper deck. Then you see the squared ends. In the closed-view, they insert into the mast feet. (In the mastfeet you can see the silver dollar, mentioned befor ;)) When I build them up, the 2 parts are fixed together to get them aligned.
I am also considering making the cabin roof on the deck half oven so you can see inside the cabin. There will also be the sleeping places, stove, table, etc. The walls below the deck will fit to the walls through and on the deck.

As it stands now, I'm going to start with the deck beams from the front. As soon as I get to the front of the cabin, I'm going to make that wall, floor and interior. Once that's done, the rest of the beams will follow. Until I get to the next wall, from the 1st fish-hold. And so I'm going to work backwards.
As soon as I get to a mast passage, I make the masts fit to place later.
Well, still a lot of thinking to do everything.
But first finishing the ceiling en floor in the lower part.

Thanxs Jan. That was also my first thought. But after a while ........ ;)
Regards, Peter
Sounds like you have it well thought out and under control…I look forward to seeing it all come together…pun intended! ;)

Very well done Peter!
The lower portion is very shallow, therefore it seems the parting line may have been higher IMHO, just below the deck beams to show more in the lower half? However I am sure that would interduce other problems, as you would have to cut a curve to follow the deck.
I am interested to see how much of the main cabin will be seen, if any, in the lower half? It looks like that will be in the upper half?
Anyway, once again I think you did a great job of parting the ship. Where to cut it is always going to be subjective. ;)
One final thought...if the main cabin will be in the upper portion, perhaps you could have the cabin roof be removeable? Also, how will you address the masts?
This entire venture reminded me of open heart surgery to work on the valves or other internal problems before having to close it back up again. Gutsy procedure!!! Nicely done with a lot of your personal technological devise creativity. Rich

This entire venture reminded me of open heart surgery to work on the valves or other internal problems before having to close it back up again. Gutsy procedure!!! Nicely done with a lot of your personal technological devise creativity. Rich
Thank you Rich. Always a surprise how you can describe your thoughts.
Regards, Peter

Very good execution clean and accurate as we know from you
Very good work my friend - very good Thumbsup Thumbsup

I typed this in the early hours of the morning and then forgot to post it! :eek: So sorry for my belated response, but you can see on the Dutch forum when I saw it.

Wow Peter. That looks like an absolutely perfect fit between the two parts. It is amazing how clean the cut is. Kudos to the saw and to the master who operated it.

I typed this in the early hours of the morning and then forgot to post it! :eek: So sorry for my belated response, but you can see on the Dutch forum when I saw it.

Wow Peter. That looks like an absolutely perfect fit between the two parts. It is amazing how clean the cut is. Kudos to the saw and to the master who operated it.
Thanxs (again) Heinrich. You had pushed the post-button with the ‘Wow’ comment: see #635. I appreciate your concern. :)
Regards, Peter

Back