YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

Phew, you sure have given this design detail a lot of thought...Okay
Relax- and sitting back modus switched back on and again enjoying the show!

My concerns were driven by my experiences during my professional career where I dealt almost on a daily basis with interfaces. The transition to 3D design, CNC machining and CMM measurement improved accuracy immensely, but Murphy was always just around the corner.
You have achieved very precise and complex woodwork in the joinery of your mast junctions. Well done! Rich
Thanxs Johan & Rich. It took some time before I had a proper connection. No CNC/etc: just ‘elbows steam’.
Regards, Peter

I've been working on the FishHolds now for almost a month. The 4th is ready. It might be getting a bit boring for the build-log. So let's take some pictures from another perspective:
445 4eHold.jpg
The last 2 are not yet oiled. I'll wait a little longer until I have also the remaining 3.
446 4eHold.jpg
All in all, it's going to be a fun line game.
The next is around the hatch in the aft deck. Here I have place for 2 stairs, on both sides of the hatch.
But I'm looking forward to having this ready and 'going wild' on the (captain's) cabin.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
I've been working on the FishHolds now for almost a month. The 4th is ready. It might be getting a bit boring for the build-log. So let's take some pictures from another perspective:
View attachment 269487
The last 2 are not yet oiled. I'll wait a little longer until I have also the remaining 3.
View attachment 269488
All in all, it's going to be a fun line game.
The next is around the hatch in the aft deck. Here I have place for 2 stairs, on both sides of the hatch.
But I'm looking forward to having this ready and 'going wild' on the (captain's) cabin.
Regards, Peter
Peter, You are giving serious competition to the Lunenberg model builder with his longitudinal section, fully completed of BN! Very nice progress in fine details. Rich

Peter, You are giving serious competition to the Lunenberg model builder with his longitudinal section, fully completed of BN! Very nice progress in fine details. Rich
Thanxs Rich. Much appreciated!
As active sports I have never competed. Because the competitive has never appealed to me. At most in a struggle to get (conditionally) better yourself. And it's fun to challenge each other.
That's how I approach this construction of the BN. Pushing boundaries, getting better.
"That is not possible, has yet to be invented."
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
As active sports I have never competed. Because the competitive has never appealed to me. At most in a struggle to get (conditionally) better yourself. And it's fun to challenge each other.
That's how I approach this construction of the BN. Pushing boundaries, getting better.
Regards,
Regards, Peter
Regarding compteition . . . have you realized that your are competing with yourself as to what is best????? Rich

@PT-2
Regarding compteition . . . have you realized that your are competing with yourself as to what is best????? Rich

You are most likely right. ;)
But then it is also true that it is between "Me, Myself and I".
Then I won the prize with all three and the stage is divided. First Place Metal
But 'Modesty graces the Human being' and I take at least 3 steps back in the row and continue quietly with my almost 'multi-year project'. Sleep
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Don't build for a while, but work on the condition. The weather is not much outside, so go inside:
View attachment 269957
On the Tacx Neo2 for the iMac.
1st stage of the round trip over Mallorca:

Is best to sweat:
View attachment 269958
Oeps .....

This is the lap with the stage for today:
View attachment 269959
Regards, Peter
Hey Peter,

Nice setup up you have. Up in the attic we have a very basic hometrainer, so either it's looking outside to see what's happening or take an iPad with you to watch something other than the grey weather and the rain, or looking into the dark...
Nice touch that you can do a virtual bicycle tour on Mallorca, although, it's preferable to be there in person.
But in the end, nothing beats a tour outside.

Have fun,

Johan

You are showing great balance in life Peter and of course it is excellent that you look after the physical. The simulated bicycle ride looks challenging, but just imagine how momentous that same ride aboard the K1 would have been! :)

Hey Peter,

Nice setup up you have. Up in the attic we have a very basic hometrainer, so either it's looking outside to see what's happening or take an iPad with you to watch something other than the grey weather and the rain, or looking into the dark...
Nice touch that you can do a virtual bicycle tour on Mallorca, although, it's preferable to be there in person.
But in the end, nothing beats a tour outside.

Have fun,

Johan
Thanxs Johan. Most of the coll's in the Alps en Pyrenees I have cycled 'outside'. And last winter some also 'virtual'. Both are fun.
You are showing great balance in life Peter and of course it is excellent that you look after the physical. The simulated bicycle ride looks challenging, but just imagine how momentous that same ride aboard the K1 would have been! :)
Well Heinrich: next year in may/june I am gonna ride a lot of coll's in the Alps in France on the K1. With some friend 1,5 week touring!

Regards, Peter

Before I can make the next FishHold, I have to make the beam frame above it. To set everything and measure again:
447 32-35.jpg
Dry-fit (not completely straight) and immediately sit behind the mill to make the double knees at the cross connections.

And also some overdue for the other cross connections:
448 13-35.jpg

Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Don't build for a while, but work on the condition. The weather is not much outside, so go inside:
View attachment 269957
On the Tacx Neo2 for the iMac.
1st stage of the round trip over Mallorca:

Is best to sweat:
View attachment 269958
Oeps .....

This is the lap with the stage for today:
View attachment 269959
Regards, Peter

My exercise is running behind my granddaughters electric car! :p
And I’m sweating whether the boards I ordered will arrive before I go on vacation! ;)

Back