YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

My exercise is running behind my granddaughters electric car! :p
Haha …… perhaps I do sit on a electric bike behind the screen ……. ? ;)
On the Dutch forum someone asked: do I build during biking or do I bike during building?
I know I get sweaty with both of them now and then. :oops:
And I’m sweating whether the boards I ordered will arrive before I go on vacation! ;)
Then you are ready for that vacation. ROTF
Regards, Peter

True! Exercise is exercise!
No deadlines, just hoping to work on the ship, while I’m off work. I’m having what I call a “Staycation”…lol…because I’m staying home for the week of Thanksgiving! ;)
Ah, Thanksgiving, so many good memories! Turkey, mashed potatoes ánd a lot of deserts, but most of all the hospitality of my Texan hosts...

(Don't think for a second that I'm buying your "no deadline" story!)

Another wall done.
With the 2 hull parts on top of each other:
449 5eHold.jpg
The frame on top of the wall for the remaining planks has yet to be added. However, I run out of brass-wire. Going shopping this afternoon with the wife.

The deck beams on it:
450 5eHold.jpg
Handles in the hatch hole still need to be fitted.

With another overview:
451 5eHold.jpg
I see that I still have to remove a 'spacer' on the starboard side.

One more to go between the wall and the closing wall.
Gr. Peter

Beautiful work. The top view illustrates just how good those deck beams look. You have really finished them off nicely Peter - ready for their oil.

Thanxs, Heinrich, Paul and Johan.
Beautiful work. The top view illustrates just how good those deck beams look. You have really finished them off nicely Peter - ready for their oil.
About the deck beams: take your time and often a sharp scalpel. ;)
The deck beams get there oil later. Because the linseed oil penetrates almost completely. And then the glue no longer adheres:
-waterways;
-deck planks;
- hull planks with scuppers;
-etc.
It's a fantastic dissection Peter. And expertly done as well.
Well ....... with the help of AL-FI ........ :)
See post #493 of Hms Alert by Maarten...
I saw your post passing by. When I am one of them, I feel honored. :rolleyes:
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
I'm bothering you for the last time with a in-between wall.
For the 6th FishHold:
452 6eHold.jpg
All the frames with loose planks have now also been placed:
453 6eHold.jpg
Then I can now start measuring the closing wall. Just like the first 2 walls, it must fit completely under the deck beam. With the 2 cut ears.
The loose ears that come in the upper part of the trunk have an immediate advantage: they form a target and a guide when I place both parts on top of each other.
Regards, Peter

I hope it has not been lost on you, Peter, just how astonishing your own build is. In my professional life I can be so self-critical that I often don't see what normal people see - a beautiful healthy smile (I'm an orthodontist in my paying job). This build, at this scale, with the limitations imposed by the lack of a sample to follow, is simply amazing. On my model I am trying to build what I see in real life - you are building what you see in your mind. This is not artistic license - this is artistry. Huzzah!

I hope it has not been lost on you, Peter, just how astonishing your own build is. In my professional life I can be so self-critical that I often don't see what normal people see - a beautiful healthy smile (I'm an orthodontist in my paying job). This build, at this scale, with the limitations imposed by the lack of a sample to follow, is simply amazing. On my model I am trying to build what I see in real life - you are building what you see in your mind. This is not artistic license - this is artistry. Huzzah!
I'm a bit quiet about this...... Speechless What a compliment, Paul. Thank you very much.
When I look at the Saga drawings (Page 48, #943) with the large continuous fish holds, I sometimes think: isn't it a bit overkill.
But like today's trawlers, it was more or less a fish factory, when she was not racing. And for the period that she was at sea, the fish had to be processed and stored.
Regards, Peter

Back