YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

The wall fitted with planks, guides for the bulkheads and the hatch:
View attachment 271584
And the side that faces the cabin. With the 1st floor beam for the cabin, the hatch and the 2 cut ‘ears’:
View attachment 271585

And it works again. When the two parts are taken apart, the ‘ears’ remain:
View attachment 271586

Placed the wall:
View attachment 271587

Everything in the linseed oil:
View attachment 271588
The hatch can of course open:
View attachment 271593

The compartments are continuous along the entire inside wall. But that is with both hull parts on top of each other. You don't see much of that. And the between wall’s also has no ‘ears’.
When both parts are shown cut-away, I think the FishHolds on the outside are a bit strange. Something is not right then.
That's why I made a back wall:
View attachment 271596

Another chapter closed.
Regards, Peter
Very nice! Captains quarters on the horizon! ;)

Yet another between step. It occurred to me that the floor of the Cabin will soon be horizontal, in accordance with the Saga drawings. Then there is a space between this floor and the floor on the Springers:
View attachment 271579
Given the limited space, this will be best used.
So there must be a hatch somewhere. It's as easy as that hatch provides a passage through which you can crawl. That hatch is therefore placed in the partition wall of the FishHold.

To be able to determine the size of that hatch a bit, I first need to know where and how the floor of the Cabin will run. Because of the construction of the YQ model, there are some differences that I have to take into account:
-Saga: floor below the waterline, in the model that will not work;
-Saga: stir the same below the waterline on the floor level, on the model almost on the waterline.

First I took some measurements as a starting point:
Humans were slightly smaller 100 years ago. If I assume 1.75 m / 5.74 ', then that is on scale: 24.3 mm / 0.96 ".
The Cabin was also used by Captain Angus. A "little man" in his own right. But he wanted a little bit of luxury. I will make the Cabin 1.90 mtr / 6.23 '. That will be 26.4mm / 1.04”.

The roof of the cabin is also horizontal in the drawings. The outside walls on the deck are therefore slightly wedge-shaped in relation to the deck. So are the walls of the kit.
The highest side is 12.8mm / 0.50”.
So I still have to go down at least 13.6 mm / 0.54” from the deck. And then of course they shouldn't bump their heads on the deck beams.

Then I arrive at this starting point in the model:
View attachment 271581
View attachment 271582

Made the recess for the hatch in the frame under the floor beam.
View attachment 271583

Now i can go cover the wall.
Regards, Peter
I am always told to think ahead when building model ships, but with the complexities of the design you have taken on Peter, it seems you really need to think ahead. It's looking great though Thumbsup

The wall fitted with planks, guides for the bulkheads and the hatch:
View attachment 271584
And the side that faces the cabin. With the 1st floor beam for the cabin, the hatch and the 2 cut ‘ears’:
View attachment 271585

And it works again. When the two parts are taken apart, the ‘ears’ remain:
View attachment 271586

Placed the wall:
View attachment 271587

Everything in the linseed oil:
View attachment 271588
The hatch can of course open:
View attachment 271593

The compartments are continuous along the entire inside wall. But that is with both hull parts on top of each other. You don't see much of that. And the between wall’s also has no ‘ears’.
When both parts are shown cut-away, I think the FishHolds on the outside are a bit strange. Something is not right then.
That's why I made a back wall:
View attachment 271596

Another chapter closed.
Regards, Peter
Brilliant!

I am always told to think ahead when building model ships, but with the complexities of the design you have taken on Peter, it seems you really need to think ahead. It's looking great though Thumbsup
Brilliant!
Thanxs, Mark.
The advantage is that I've been working on the FishHold for 'a while'. All the time to think ahead. And then a 'last minute change'.;)
Regards, Peter

Then you slept a night on it .....
You have written that the space between the 2 floors is for storage .......
Then you should also be able to store. Getting started again:
472 Storage.jpg
Some bulkheads against which goods can be stored. With lashing eyes so that everything does not slide back and forth.
The hatch on this side now also has nails.
Yes, that barrel can go through the hole on its side. ;)

Most of the photos I took without a background. Then you don't have much reference to the size of the model you are building.
I'm almost done for the bottom part. I build the Cabin in the upper part.
To conclude this part:
473 Scale.jpg
Inspired by the old advertisements of a Dutch beer brand from the east of the country. At the end, it showed the craftsman with his tools.
Regards, Peter

Haha ....then special you have to google on 'Tweezers' ..... ROTF (but not for your Admiral)
just switching the subject, and speaking about the Tweezers. I found a really good quality of different shapes and endnotes. They are from reputable brand DSPIAE

Ha345819f96054f3e81fd47463d8a22b2U.png

I ordered some...

just switching the subject, and speaking about the Tweezers. I found a really good quality of different shapes and endnotes. They are from reputable brand DSPIAE

Ha345819f96054f3e81fd47463d8a22b2U.png

I ordered some...
Some of them has a very nice shape.
I use this one very often:
4615F1BF-FABD-46A0-9ADC-7B04B940F728.jpeg
You can clamp the item with it.
Regards, Peter

I use these a lot. Got 2 sets. One still sharp as a needle and one set I sand the tops round.
And another tool I use a lot is thes one to cut rope

Back