YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

First made some double knees before I could continue with the planking.
This is also gradually moving towards production work:
View attachment 296674
Glued a strip of 5x2 pear wood to the clamp of my cross plate with double sided tape.
With a 1 mm bit:
1: a horizontal partition for the upper knee every 3 mm at 1 mm depth;
2: a strip off to shorten the top toe;
3: shortening the toe to the shoulder of the upper knee;
4: cut loose;
5: filed the bridge;
6: round both shoulders.

Made the wide plank under the right-hand upright of the windlass on the foredeck:
View attachment 296675
Decided to close the point with planks. Shortened the nibbling strip on the side as well as the intermediate planks.
The double knees are so beautifully visible.
Next step are some pieces of plank around the mast and the recesses for the attributes on the deck.
Regards, Peter

Looking great Peter! Remember the windlass assembly will be between those bits. I like the cutaway look, however there will be no deck below the windlass behind that cutaway. The only reason I mention that is because the legs have angle supports that go to the deck. You could add a small piece of deck in those areas. ;)

A picture for reference…
AD930B08-9585-4C9C-8AB7-BC2C5F0A0EEB.jpeg

Looking great Peter! Remember the windlass assembly will be between those bits. I like the cutaway look, however there will be no deck below the windlass behind that cutaway. The only reason I mention that is because the legs have angle supports that go to the deck. You could add a small piece of deck in those areas. ;)

A picture for reference…
View attachment 296686
Thanks for the reminding! I forgot those uprights has also angle supports.

Although I do not intend to start the construction of the Bluenose immediately when I have the kit , I am already starting with this building report. Because the beginning of the kit starts at the factory and with his journey to my house. And that trip I came face to face through these messages from FedEx:

And who knows, I'll start with the Bluenose anyway....... I can hardly wait.....
Regards, Peter
Hallo Peter alias @Peter Voogt
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Hello Peter。 Wow luckily I saw Uwe's message! A very happy birthday to you - I wish you and your family a year that is full of health and excitement of the right kind! Here's to you treating us for a long time to come on your magnificent work!

Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day
Happy Birthday-Cake Birthday
Hello Peter。 Wow luckily I saw Uwe's message! A very happy birthday to you - I wish you and your family a year that is full of health and excitement of the right kind! Here's to you treating us for a long time to come on your magnificent work!
Awesome Peter. Happy birthday! I hope you have a great day celebrating with family and friends!
Happy Birthday Peter! Have a great day! ;)
Happy Birthday Peter. Have a good lifeBirthday-CakeBirthday-Cake
Ciao Peter,
ti scrivo in italiano così avrai un più di tempo per tradurre! Buon Compleanno e che questo sia un grande giorno per te e per i tuoi cari!!

Piero
Thanxs Uwe, Jan, Heinrich, Paul, Dean, Frank and Piero.
It is indeed another kind of jubilee year, 65 years young.
The Admiral has pavoised and high-lighted our holiday home:
3972892B-FDF3-4D7C-B137-DF9C84FCDE14.jpeg
3B68A19E-E226-4DBE-B780-43B7F3B06B40.jpeg
Regards, Peter

In Dutch we call us ‘Oudere Jongeren’ = ‘Older youngsters’ ……
In the part of the Netherlands where I live it means something else when someone says "anders jong". Mostly an older person says this to a younger. Like when your father, teamchef or boss says this to you. It means "you're doing it wrong, this is not the way how it is told to you". :)

Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day
Hello Peter, Happy Birthday, Sorry for the belated greeting but as normal I got caught up in another fog bank. I do however hope that you had a great say, and that you got the biggest piece of cake and that you received all of the new toys that you had hopped for and maybe a few more for good luck.
Regards Lawrence

Back