POF La Palme (L'Amarante) Corvette 1744 1:36 (Ancre Monograph) by Tobias

Thanks guys.
The one or other mistake has crept in, da her din I'm quite glad that I have made wooden nails and have not used brass nails.View attachment 359186
You are the only one who will see the mistakes. The rest of us are in awe of the workmanship and precision of your work! Great job and thanks for mentoring my efforts.

Le Rochefort is taking a few days off so I have some time to continue at La Palme.

Yesterday I laid two rows of floorboards on the keelson and today I continued with the two rows that are slightly higher and lighter. These two planks are stronger than the others and need to be milled. The holes for attaching the keelson were drilled and the mast bearing adjusted.

38707A87-EBE7-4601-97E0-4C4626B3AE72.jpeg

06F0DDDE-2955-41B6-BF00-BFEFC4D3E206.jpeg

Le Rochefort is taking a few days off so I have some time to continue at La Palme.

Yesterday I laid two rows of floorboards on the keelson and today I continued with the two rows that are slightly higher and lighter. These two planks are stronger than the others and need to be milled. The holes for attaching the keelson were drilled and the mast bearing adjusted.

View attachment 363298

View attachment 363297
Tobias my friend
I love your professional and precise work so much, it looks wonderful! Okay :) Thumbsup

I have this monograph, and after the alert I intend to build it, so I will continue to learn from you .
please continue with your quality work and share with us more photograph and explain. it would be better prepared for us, for the challenge in the near future.
thanks buddy

Hello Tobias,

very nice progress and as always a very precise and clean work that you show us there.
When I grow up, I would also like to create such a carpenter's work ... :D
Joking aside, I just admire this construction method and have great respect for it.

Tobias my friend
I love your professional and precise work so much, it looks wonderful! Okay :) Thumbsup

I have this monograph, and after the alert I intend to build it, so I will continue to learn from you .
please continue with your quality work and share with us more photograph and explain. it would be better prepared for us, for the challenge in the near future.
thanks buddy

Hello Shota take your time with your ALERT and when it is so far I will follow it with joy and as far as it is in my power with advice to the side. Thank you very much.

Hello Tobias,

very nice progress and as always a very precise and clean work that you show us there.
When I grow up, I would also like to create such a carpenter's work ... :D
Joking aside, I just admire this construction method and have great respect for it.

Hello Johann a very high praise from such a gifted builder as you are, thank you.

Beautiful work Tobias! Maybe some day I’ll be half as good…
Quick question, did you fabricate the plank clamps yourself or are they store bought?
Hi Oliver,
Yes the brackets I have made myself. The small brackets are about 2cm x 3cm and are 6mm thick with one hole 4,5mm; the longer brackets are about 2cm x 5cm with two holes 4,5mm. I used M4 screws, perfect for La Palme, for Le Rochefort I will have to rebuild as we do not have 4mm gaps between the frames.

Hallo all,

Last week I was for some days on a business trip in Bavaria and had the chance to visit our friend @Tobias at home.
Many thanks for the hospitality and the visit in your workshop - and I can confirm, that his models are looking really as good as in his building logs

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

His La Palme in his hands - on the first photo you can also see on the desk his Le Coureur

and also the Le Rochefort group build model stands close to the Coureur

LE ROCHEFORT - Harbour yacht from 1787 1:36 by Tobias (Monograph by ANCRE)

Hello everyone, first of all a thank you to the admins who opened this group building, also a thank you to Toni aka @Tonip who has put a lot of effort and commitment into getting this thing rolling and of course to all the others who have shown a keen interest in a group building Le Rochefort...
shipsofscale.com

Hello all,

it was nice to see Uwe again after almost a year and I was very happy to see him.
Thanks Uwe for sharing the pictures, so considered La Palme is quite large. :cool:

In the following days the hull will be sanded from the outside, so no new pictures for now.
Thanks again to everyone for liking and commenting.
See you soon.

Lucky you!! :cool:
Hello Jim you are welcome to visit, vacation in the Bavarian Alps for example. ;)

Hi Tobias,

I had some catching up to do but you made great progress. Your work with the tape is a great tip.
Martin thank you. I saw that with the tape in some report, it is really a clever idea that I liked very much.

Tobias,

one question. I am allway surprised that you use only one treenail per plank and frame. Is this common for french ships or a simplifikation? By English ships you use two treenails per frame in the same pattern.

Hello Christian, to answer your question I have followed the plans of GD and two tree nails were used, here still times a picture enlarged.
It is partly a bit hard to see that I admit, I hope I could answer your question. Thanks for your interest.

1679385610707.png

c8685c41-e801-4b5f-9fd0-9d40da0f1fba-jpeg.357619

Back