POF La Palme (L'Amarante) Corvette 1744 1:36 (Ancre Monograph) by Tobias

Witaj
Piękna praca Tobiaszu , radzisz sobie doskonale z pracami na rufie tak jak się spodziewałem. Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
Beautiful work Tobias , you are doing great with the stern work as I expected. Greetings Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderfull work Tobias,
Your square nails do really look stunning.
Looking forward to you new false window stern, using black glass for these?

Good morning Martin, thank you for your interest.
The rear section will be a challenge in many areas. Here are two pictures, one of my Le Coureur and one of Ricci's Amarante.

IMG_5014.jpeg

IMG_1453.jpeg
Image source: @Giampy65

As the area on L' Amarante only has two windows, I think the combination with the black is very nice. With La Palme, the question now is, do I make it black as well? It might not look good with all the windows, and how do I design it, as the real windows are flush with the floorboards. But the fake windows are placed on top of the floorboards. Questions upon questions, there will have to be a lot of trial and error. I would be very happy to receive suggestions and ideas.

The stern looks challenging, but I have no doubt that it will only be a fleeting one for you, before you have it all figured out. The craftsmanship that you have shown in this build is absolutely top notch.

Good morning Martin, thank you for your interest.
The rear section will be a challenge in many areas. Here are two pictures, one of my Le Coureur and one of Ricci's Amarante.

View attachment 425549

View attachment 425548
Image source: @Giampy65

As the area on L' Amarante only has two windows, I think the combination with the black is very nice. With La Palme, the question now is, do I make it black as well? It might not look good with all the windows, and how do I design it, as the real windows are flush with the floorboards. But the fake windows are placed on top of the floorboards. Questions upon questions, there will have to be a lot of trial and error. I would be very happy to receive suggestions and ideas.
You can create the window frames with vineer on the boards to create not too much difference.
But were the frames actually present or was it done by trompe l ouil?

Hello colleagues,
thank you very much for your interest and feedback. There is a bit of mass production going on, there are 46 iron angles on the program for the beams of the three tween decks. I already have 3. ;) . In the French forum Daniel11 was kind enough to draw a plan of each angle to use for photo-etching. Unfortunately I don't have the necessary know-how, so I saw each individual angle out of a 1mm thick sheet of brass. Here is Daniel11's contribution including translation.

IMG_1463.png

Hello,
for those who make the amaranth and make the fittings photo-etched, here are the values of the estimated angles at the level of the fold
from bow to stern

IMG_1462.png

Step by step how I make my angles.

eZy Watermark_06-02-2024_07-09-43-8760PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_06-02-2024_07-24-59-9050PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_06-02-2024_08-12-42-9560PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_06-02-2024_08-14-11-7520PM.jpeg

Hello colleagues,
thank you very much for your interest and feedback. There is a bit of mass production going on, there are 46 iron angles on the program for the beams of the three tween decks. I already have 3. ;) . In the French forum Daniel11 was kind enough to draw a plan of each angle to use for photo-etching. Unfortunately I don't have the necessary know-how, so I saw each individual angle out of a 1mm thick sheet of brass. Here is Daniel11's contribution including translation.

View attachment 426141

Hello,
for those who make the amaranth and make the fittings photo-etched, here are the values of the estimated angles at the level of the fold
from bow to stern

View attachment 426142

Step by step how I make my angles.

View attachment 426143

View attachment 426144

View attachment 426145

View attachment 426146
Nothing wrong with your old-fashioned craftsmanship, Tobias. This example of yours looks beautiful.
It’s nice of Daniel to share the file with measured items.
Regard, Peter

That's incredible! Are you bending the brass to change the plane of the pieces? I assume so...

Is it necessary to thin the brass in the place it will be bent? How do you preserve the perfect angle?
Hello Paul,
the red line is the folding edge here it is bent by 90 degrees in the vise. You have to bend the leg with the three holes along the side of the ship a little, just slightly so that it sits snugly. In the bend, something has to be corrected depending on the position. Daniel's information is approximate.

IMG_1462.jpeg

WOW WoW wOw - triple WOW
especially the close up of the blackened is showing the high quality of your work
Once more good, that you work here in 1:36 ...... great result - Do you cut out with the scroll saw?

WOW WoW wOw - triple WOW
especially the close up of the blackened is showing the high quality of your work
Once more good, that you work here in 1:36 ...... great result - Do you cut out with the scroll saw?

Hello Uwe, I use the small Knew 75mm with an adjustable saw blade.

eZy Watermark_07-02-2024_03-39-51-2180PM.jpeg

Good evening dear model building colleagues, thank you for your kind words @Heinrich @RogerD @Uwek @Bryian @Jimsky @dockattner .

In the plans you can only guess whether the iron brackets are attached with rivet bolts or screws. I decided to equip it with screws, using brass nuts with size M0.6 i.e. tiny, mega tiny.

eZy Watermark_10-02-2024_04-37-40-3580PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_10-02-2024_05-37-47-7800PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_10-02-2024_04-42-51-2310PM.jpeg

The bulkhead has now been installed.

Back