Blandford 1/48 by Modelship Dockyard

Hi Andy,

This looks better than the lower deck for sure. While I can't see everything it appears that if you shifted a few beams the carlings would line up rather nicely... For example, beams 4 and 7 could shift to the port - maybe 5 could move a millimeter to the starboard???

Looking very good though - I wouldn't worry about it too much! It may be too late to be moving beams around with the knees in place...

Hi Andy,

This looks better than the lower deck for sure. While I can't see everything it appears that if you shifted a few beams the carlings would line up rather nicely... For example, beams 4 and 7 could shift to the port - maybe 5 could move a millimeter to the starboard???

Looking very good though - I wouldn't worry about it too much! It may be too late to be moving beams around with the knees in place...
Hi thanks for the reply
I did try to move a few of the worst ones .. but as usual when you WANT a glue joint to break it will not. I am just starting to cut out some knees that I broke ! Its a good job that there are some excess on the timber that I managed to save

Well all the Carlings are now fitted and don't look too bad
I thought that I would have a break from the deck and start to make the fittings ladders gratings and guns
Ladders or are they steps I am never sure when one becomes the other ? Have always been my nemesis and so I have bought a 0.5mm saw blade for my Proxxon FET. I can get the angle of the treads using the angle guide but I am struggling as to how to keep the treads evenly spaced any suggestions would be welcome. I think I might be better using a sled rather than the angle guide I haven't used it in anger yet but it doesn't look too secure to me once again I am open to suggestions and comments
Thanks for all the likes so far it is much appreciated
Andy

20240804_173344.jpg

20240804_173340.jpg

20240804_173333.jpg

Hi all
I have started on the guns .. as usual there is a lot of char to remove and the axles have to be carved to size
A bit like most of the build it's a case of getting in the groove put on some music and chill
Still a long way to go ... what would modeling be without takaway containers lol

View attachment 464162

View attachment 464164
Thanks for all the likes .. it does keep me going

Back