BLUENOSE by PIERO

Today's update:

a coat of transparent base paint was applied to close the small cracks on the plank of both sides.
20220402_101202.jpg

Then a good coat of sanding to remove the excess of base coat and make the surface as smooth as possible.
20220402_100954.jpg

Then I applied a first coat of red on the starboard side half and ...
20220402_143617.jpg
20220402_170709.jpg

a coat of linseed oil on the port side and frames.
20220402_171039.jpg

Today's update:

a coat of transparent base paint was applied to close the small cracks on the plank of both sides.
View attachment 300361

Then a good coat of sanding to remove the excess of base coat and make the surface as smooth as possible.
View attachment 300362

Then I applied a first coat of red on the starboard side half and ...
View attachment 300360
View attachment 300359

a coat of linseed oil on the port side and frames.
View attachment 300358
A hull with 'some color' looks always better! Like Johan said: You did (so far :)) a nice job, Piero.
regards, Peter

Today's update:

I have finished painting the hull.

View attachment 300850

I also decided to paint the part with the visible frames in black because I like it more and because I can insert the decorations and the plaque with the name on this side as well.

View attachment 300851

I made the rudder as for Peter's technique ...

View attachment 300848
View attachment 300849

See you later!
Looking very nice, Pierro
I made the rudder as for Peter's technique ...
I feel flattered ……:rolleyes: Thanks for letting me be inspiring.
Regards, Peter

Today's "State of the Art"

Completed the whole structure of the keel! All glued and painted.
20220407_141454.jpg
20220407_141508.jpg

For those who are still "hands-on", be careful when positioning the upper strip: take care that the holes where the support of the dead eyes will go, correspond to the lower ones. I inserted some metal strips for correct alignment. Glued this part and finally the rear side portion.
20220407_141526.jpg

Now I will install all the superstructure that I have already done previously.
20220407_141542.jpg

See you next update and be fine.

Yore most definitely upto speed again with your build. Makes me wonder if you get paid by the hour, or the earlier you complete the build the more bonus you get... ;)
Very good looking Bluenose you have. Thumbs-Up

Thanks Johan for your nice replay!

If you remember, as I said at the beginning, I wanted to finish this build by the summer. Even with the interruption of a couple of weeks to build my Canoe, I have regained the right rhythm.

You know what, when you see that your work responds well, then you are taken by the "frenzy" to go on as much as possible ... Then the evening comes and you also have to rest a bit ...

This happens when I'm at my home here in Italy since there is no possibility to do anything else ....

Thanks Johan for your nice replay!

If you remember, as I said at the beginning, I wanted to finish this build by the summer. Even with the interruption of a couple of weeks to build my Canoe, I have regained the right rhythm.

You know what, when you see that your work responds well, then you are taken by the "frenzy" to go on as much as possible ... Then the evening comes and you also have to rest a bit ...

This happens when I'm at my home here in Italy since there is no possibility to do anything else ....
She is looking good Piero! I know about that frenzy…ha ha! When you have momentum, it is hard to stop!! ;)

Back