Saint-Philippe 1693-POF to the Monograph by Jean-Claude Lemineur by NMBrook-1/36

Bonjour Nigel,
En mettant la quille horizontale sur le chantier et la ligne de flottaison comme plaque supérieure du chantier,
Faut-il rectifier le fond de l'entaille des varangues en les biseautant afin que les membres soient perpendiculaires à la ligne de flottaison?
Merci, et bonne continuation.

Google Translate:

Hello Nigel, By putting the horizontal keel on the yard and the waterline as the top plate of the yard, Do we have to rectify the bottom of the notch of the floors by bevelling them so that the limbs are perpendicular to the waterline? Thank you, and good luck.

NMBROOK

Staff member
Forum Moderator

Hi Michel

I think I understand your question and the answer is yes.I worked everything from a parallel datum line drawn on the framing side plan.I double checked all the heights on this plan from the line down to the keel.There would be some small errors if I had just used the separate framing drawings.There is some variation between the drawings.The notches were left small and trimmed in the jig.

Now that the keel is in place,I can now adjust the total frame height to fit the model exactly.

Kind Regards

Nigel

NMBROOK

Staff member
Forum Moderator

Thanks Guys,I am still live and well and currently working on other smaller projects.

Very much additional pressure/stress in my job due to Covid 19 at the moment has temporally taken me away from this demanding build.Hopefully we will see some daylight at the end of the tunnel at some point with the virus and I can restore my work/life balance.

Kind Regards

Nigel