Saint-Philippe 1693-POF to the Monograph by Jean-Claude Lemineur by NMBrook-1/36

Bonjour Nigel,
En mettant la quille horizontale sur le chantier et la ligne de flottaison comme plaque supérieure du chantier,
Faut-il rectifier le fond de l'entaille des varangues en les biseautant afin que les membres soient perpendiculaires à la ligne de flottaison?
Merci, et bonne continuation.

Google Translate:

Hello Nigel, By putting the horizontal keel on the yard and the waterline as the top plate of the yard, Do we have to rectify the bottom of the notch of the floors by bevelling them so that the limbs are perpendicular to the waterline? Thank you, and good luck.

Hi Michel

I think I understand your question and the answer is yes.I worked everything from a parallel datum line drawn on the framing side plan.I double checked all the heights on this plan from the line down to the keel.There would be some small errors if I had just used the separate framing drawings.There is some variation between the drawings.The notches were left small and trimmed in the jig.

Now that the keel is in place,I can now adjust the total frame height to fit the model exactly.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Thanks Guys,I am still live and well and currently working on other smaller projects.

Very much additional pressure/stress in my job due to Covid 19 at the moment has temporally taken me away from this demanding build.Hopefully we will see some daylight at the end of the tunnel at some point with the virus and I can restore my work/life balance.

Kind Regards

Nigel

This is simply amazing and I am without words and speechless. Maybe someday, I can accomplish 50% of the ability that you have demonstrated. Truly more of a work of art than anything.

Donnie

Hi All

I have received several PMs as to how I am doing and I think it only fair to update as to what has been going on.I have had a break from ships and have been doing other model related activities when I have had some spare time.My work life balance has been particularly poor over the last year so haven't had that much time to spend on big projects.

My workshop has become a disorganised dumping ground since we moved into our new home and it is now next to impossible to navigate.

I did try to remedy this in the summer and board out the loft for additional storage.I stopped work as it was far too hot up there to continue.I only had a pair of shorts and some shoes on but was dripping wet in sweat after 15 minutes of work.

I am currently back on with this task now the cold weather is here and hope to be nearly done sorting everything out before I go back to work on the 10th January.I plan on resuming this build after then but anticipate a good few weekends getting my head back into where I was at.

I have been itching to carry on with this behemoth but until I get my work area as I want it, I will not be working efficiently.

I hope to rejoin in the swing of things with an update possibly around the end of January.

In the meantime, I wish everyone a happy New Year while I embark on yet another tip run:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kind Regards

Nigel

Thanks Guys

I won't be showing any work on the build just yet but will be posting update pics of my workshop.Lots of "stuff" has been removed from there's much that I don't even know how I managed to shut the door:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Lathe and Mill now have their own benches, just need to fit some more sockets so I can power them up.Will post some pics next weekend.
BIG bonus, I found the missing Ebony prom section I spent many hours making:D

Kind Regards

Nigel

HI Everyone

Finally I have a properly sorted workshop since probably the end of 2013:rolleyes: all additional "clutter" has now been moved to the loft which is now boarded out.Only taken me three weeks of work to get it all sorted. I will be glad to be back at my day job tomorrow......

I even have a dedicated area for cycling stuff.No the Wine isn't for cyclingROTF

The PT boat is only temporarily on the bench having some fibreglass being applied then it is back to Saint Philippe:p

Kind Regards

Nigel

IMG_0125.jpgIMG_0126.jpgIMG_0127.jpgIMG_0128.jpg

HI Everyone

Finally I have a properly sorted workshop since probably the end of 2013:rolleyes: all additional "clutter" has now been moved to the loft which is now boarded out.Only taken me three weeks of work to get it all sorted. I will be glad to be back at my day job tomorrow......

I even have a dedicated area for cycling stuff.No the Wine isn't for cyclingROTF

The PT boat is only temporarily on the bench having some fibreglass being applied then it is back to Saint Philippe:p

Kind Regards

Nigel

View attachment 281631View attachment 281632View attachment 281633View attachment 281635
Dear Nigel
I'm happy for you, the renovated workshop looks great.
Wish that you will build many models in the new workshop, enjoy from the process and results as well.

Nigel, green with envy seeing your new workshop. However a very important part is missing: where is the fridge for the beer? It can fit under the sofa...
János

Thanks guys

Shiplover anything so much as a chair and I will spend all my time "thinking" and not doingROTF

Janos,don't worry the fridge is first left out of the backdoor;)

Scary thing nobody has commented on and just noticed myself.Look at the size of the Saint Philippe plan compared to that of the ladders:rolleyes::rolleyes:ROTF

Kind Regards

Nigel

Back